Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #1861
WarMachine714
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Thanks for the vid. Nice work just rise the damn volume up

Hope you get your body replaced
WarMachine714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #1862
Vectorsigma75
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Thanks Warmachine! Yeah..the mike on my camera is a bit weak, gonna have to talk louder in the next ones.
Vectorsigma75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:31 AM   #1863
gomur
The Tick

Unhappy

If you purchased this statue, displayed it proudly and rejoiced that yours didn't have any defects... examine it closely once again. I had my Psylocke on display for less than 3 months and it's started developing cracks on both her legs. I emailed Sideshow's customer service dept and, to their credit, they didn't make a fuss about adding me to the waitlist for replacement bodies.

However, I worry about the exclusive portrait and accessory limbs. Am I right in assuming they were painted the same way as the body? Who's to say they won't crack later on down the line? Has paint cracking been as widespread on those pieces?

As a side, I guess there's one major incentive to buy directly from Sideshow these days: replacing defects shouldn't be as difficult as buying from a 3rd party. A sad perk to bring up but one I've used on my last two buys.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #1864
Y3E
Gen 13

Sh!t! It's been over 2 mths and I found a crack on the right leg in the rear on my replacement body. Damn!

Does SS give replacements for replacements?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #1865
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Sh!t! It's been over 2 mths and I found a crack on the right leg in the rear on my replacement body. Damn!

Well that settles it.
People were worried about the replacements.
Sounds like they are being painted the same way.

Cool.

If Storm does this, she will be returned.
I will be soooo done with the Marvel line.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #1866
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:

I'm on the waitlist for the "second" batch of replacements since they ran out of the first. SS was informed about the primer-less statues and I sincerely hope that the next batch will not have any cracking issues.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #1867
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
If you purchased this statue, displayed it proudly and rejoiced that yours didn't have any defects... examine it closely once again. I had my Psylocke on display for less than 3 months and it's started developing cracks on both her legs. I emailed Sideshow's customer service dept and, to their credit, they didn't make a fuss about adding me to the waitlist for replacement bodies.

However, I worry about the exclusive portrait and accessory limbs. Am I right in assuming they were painted the same way as the body? Who's to say they won't crack later on down the line? Has paint cracking been as widespread on those pieces?

As a side, I guess there's one major incentive to buy directly from Sideshow these days: replacing defects shouldn't be as difficult as buying from a 3rd party. A sad perk to bring up but one I've used on my last two buys.
Ayayayay! Sorry to hear that. I used to hope that my Psylocke would be among the lucky ones to survive. Alas, it was just futile wishful thinking.

Still waiting for my replacement but I do agree with you on the perk point. It does reassure you that much more.

Quote:

It depends. I have requested replacements for my replacements and that's about it. After that they either give you a partial or a full refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
I'm on the waitlist for the "second" batch of replacements since they ran out of the first. SS was informed about the primer-less statues and I sincerely hope that the next batch will not have any cracking issues.
Me too, MS. I hope they take their time to do it right this time. If it persists, I'm opting for a full refund.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #1868
Y3E
Gen 13

I really like this sculpt and do not want a full or partial refund. I'll take a pic after work and contact SS for a replacement.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #1869
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Well my custom psy is doing fine so far with duplicolor primer on it. So dont think its the resin, must have been the type of paint used.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #1870
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

My happens within a month as well, and heard lots ppl had this issue, but I think ss knew and will take care of it.
as of the parts, I am not worry that much since there is no issue yet.
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote