Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #1451
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
So much for limited, but I suppose it's good for collectors who missed out.
I agree I dont like them re-releasing statues, but I think they are basiclaly saying the first one was an Exclusive version, and this new one is the standard version. "Inspired by the coveted Exclusive, we have taken a fresh perspective on the standard edition of the Demithyle Reaper General Legendary Scale Figure"
But with them launching the CoTD series it only makes sense for them to revisit this one statue since alot ofr collectors like myself missed out. Im not happy that they arent including the switchout head and weapon though on the new one.. but I suppose it will make those that purchased the original a bit happier.. ;(
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #1452
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Larger images of those art prints, taken from the Sideshow interview with Sean Andrew Murray.

http://courtofthedead.com/world-buil...andrew-murray/

Love this art.
I wish they would do a graphic novel/comic with this art.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #1453
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Do we know if Death's mask will be the new one or will there be a COH with the old one?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #1454
azurepred
Zot

that's what I don't get, they had a finished piece that plenty of ppl were happy with, then they changed a big part of it. Not to mention, all of the art they already sold of the character is in the older mask. So SS will change things when ppl don't want it changed, but don't when ppl do.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:48 PM   #1455
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
that's what I don't get, they had a finished piece that plenty of ppl were happy with, then they changed a big part of it. Not to mention, all of the art they already sold of the character is in the older mask. So SS will change things when ppl don't want it changed, but don't when ppl do.
That is why I think the one at SDCC is a second, switch-out portrait. Just like Cleopsis, whom had the second portrait on display. Even the new COTD art has the original mask.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #1456
azurepred
Zot

hopefully that's the case for those that paid for the older art. I still like it either way, but doubt I will get him.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:25 PM   #1457
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Will this life size bust of the ghost pirate see the light of day?
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #1458
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Didn't it take ages to sell out? I believe it did before it came out, but I don't remember it selling out all that quickly
That page is a pile of bulls--t.
It sold out a tad earlier than release, which means around 1 - 1.5 years from preorder (duh, record). And they're making it pass like the original is the Exclusive and this is a Regular (coming out 3 years later, lol).
Just come out straight and say "we reprinted this thing with a different base and no switch outs, gg". I don't see the point in justifying what they're doing with their own franchise, it's not like it will make the original owners feel any better.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #1459
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
That page is a pile of bulls--t.
It sold out a tad earlier than release, which means around 1 - 1.5 years from preorder (duh, record). And they're making it pass like the original is the Exclusive and this is a Regular (coming out 3 years later, lol).
Just come out straight and say "we reprinted this thing with a different base and no switch outs, gg". I don't see the point in justifying what they're doing with their own franchise, it's not like it will make the original owners feel any better.
I don't think they should have rereleased this piece. There are plenty of others they need to make yet.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #1460
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

And its exactly the same pose, same weapon as Death.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote