Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 05-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #41
The Fog
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Once again depressing, not the statue, which is now better than anything of this character out there, ever. Silver or White or any color.
Wow, I can't wait to get mine, Silver or White, with that really TALL base. I will make room for this, probably right along side the BP classic FS, it also has a really big base, which to me is great and very well done.
By the way I haven't received mine yet, but it seems like the Belt, Boots, and Armbands are little different in paint color? Not all the same "dull" silver.
The Fog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #42
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Thanks Ryche!

First off, 3.5 is a pretty high score for me. I try to be very stringent in my grading, giving statues what I think is fair. I only have given one 5 ouf of 5
And that 5 out of 5 was definetly justified.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #43
Jameshowlett
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone
Umm, excuse me if I am wrong but I do believe that the moon emblem on MK's chest and belt, and even the arm bracers are gold. To me, the silver emblems don't quite seem right. Also, all it seems that Bowen did was paint white over the silver, hence it's slightly bluish hue. I am not dogging the white one, but many people are saying that they like the white one better when they have yet to see it. Don't fret though, I also feel the silver MK should have gold emblems and a gold club in his hand. Check the Marvel Universe Handbook if you guys want accuracy.
He didn't just paint the White over the Silver, that is not were the blus comes fr09m on thewhite. It is an entirly different paintjob. I have never seen MK to wear Gold bands. What are you smokin Loricstone? Just kidding. Keep coming back, it works if you work it. LOL
Jameshowlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 06:45 AM   #44
Saturday_Knight_Surfer
U talkin' to me?

I got mine yesterday.

My comments (don't forget these are personnal thoughts) :
  1. Detailed muscles with no apparent mistakes. Beautiful work from the Kurachek Brothers. Only a regret about anatomy : the shoulders are too high. I mean, if you look at the measurement between the low line of pectoral muscles and the upper line of the shoulders, it's longer than it should be (look at a Silver Surfer full size for example). Maybe explained by the fact that the cape was added at an avanced stage of the sculpture. And it needs to be thick to avoid excessive fragility. This detail wasn't an evidence on promo pics. It should have been anticipated.
  2. The square peg (located in the right leg) fit perfectly on an heavy base that allows great stability to the statue.
  3. The crescent moons seen on the chest and the belt should look more like a crescents. Some of them are more "C" or pacmans. But we must remember that it his hand sculpted. So it's acceptable and not so important at all when statue is displayed. You don't take close look at it when it's in you cabinet.
  4. The paint job is good but far from outstanding. Silver paint is not in cause. It is well shaded and not as plain as described in the first post (to have an idea, you need pics taken without any flash). The statue is well contrasted compared to the base. And silver add a darker look that fits perfectly to the Moon Knight. But the quality of the paint job could have been better. If you take a close look, you can see dark grey traces made by paint-brushes...
  5. The base is beautiful with a detailed gargoyle. But the base could have been more detailed on the arch's side. It's too smooth.

Despite the fact that I don't really care for the characters, I was impressed by the sculpture in itself. That's why I bought it. For me, Silver was the way to go. I think the white version will lack of contrast (even with the blue shades effects). I'm overall satisfied with this beautiful SMK statue.
My advice : you need to display it on the upper shelves of you cabinet. Choose a dark place if you can and try to highlight its beauty with light effects.

Some links to my pics now :

pics #1
pics #2
pics #3
pics #4
pics #5
pics #6
pics #7
pics #8
pics #9
pics #10
pics #11
pics #12
pics #13
pics #14
pics #15
pics #16
pics #17
pics #18
pics #19
pics #20
pics #21
pics #22
Saturday_Knight_Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:55 PM   #45
buchieboy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

got mine the other day #1960..

this piece looks great when displayed on the top most part of your shelf
buchieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:57 PM   #46
Tattoo-X

Question

What is the over-all height of Moon Knight?
Old 07-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #47
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

19.5 inches
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #48
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Just got mine today because I missed out on the WMK. What a beauty! He towers above everybody! Exceptional statue. Right up there wih DD & Cap IMO! Future classic in the making.....
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:14 AM   #49
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfire00
19.5 inches
Wow.
Thank you.
I was considering puting it with the upcoming Beast statue. Which would go next to my wife's Venoms and Lady Death.
Lady Death is about 17 1/2", and the shelf space 19".
Crap, that won't work.
If I go with my latest redesign for our living room cabinet, the bottom shelf will be 18" to accommodate my Attakus Chewbacca. Top shelf (glass) for Marvel Bowen Full Size at 16".
Moon Knight may have to go up by itself on the bookshelf where the Star Wars statues are now, or on top of the X-Files shelf where the Bowen are now.
I don't think I want to redesign again a shelf, for one piece that will tower of all the others. Seems like a waste of space.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #50
Tattoo-X

Question

So what's the base dimensions and weight?
I might go with a 20" shelf space and put in a few glass tiers to raise a few up in back and place a few in front.