Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #1061
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Balrog would have to stand behind the welfare queue line before he gets his spotlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
OMG I keep forgetting about this. I am so excited for this!

I was playing SF4 last night and kept running into Balrogs and thinking how SICK this statue would be

In fact I find it a little strange he hasn't appeared yet. He's very popular.
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:36 AM   #1062
Podolski06
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hi Jerry, as a massive fan of your Thundercat line i cant help but worry about a few comments i have heard on the forums regarding the scale of certain characters...for example the Lion-o does appear to have considerably more musculature than Mummra and will now eclipse the upcoming Tygra in size which i dont believe was the case in the original animated series. What worries me is that Panthro was the arguably the more muscular of all the Thundercats so i cant even imagine how big he's gonna be? Am i right in thinking that your Thundercat statues are loosely based on the original 80's cartoon as opposed to 100% accurate like the Hard Hero Thundercat line?
Podolski06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #1063
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Welcome to the club Poldoski.

My senses tell me your an Arsenal fan aren't you

Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podolski06 View Post
Hi Jerry, as a massive fan of your Thundercat line i cant help but worry about a few comments i have heard on the forums regarding the scale of certain characters...for example the Lion-o does appear to have considerably more musculature than Mummra and will now eclipse the upcoming Tygra in size which i dont believe was the case in the original animated series. What worries me is that Panthro was the arguably the more muscular of all the Thundercats so i cant even imagine how big he's gonna be? Am i right in thinking that your Thundercat statues are loosely based on the original 80's cartoon as opposed to 100% accurate like the Hard Hero Thundercat line?
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #1064
Batminator
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Hi Jerry,

Since you're making Shao Kahn from MK9, can we still expect to see classic Shao Khan?

I really like your classic Scorpion from MK3, but will we see outfits from MKII as well?

On a non-MK related note, I'd like to suggest Bravestarr as a new license for Pop Culture Shock, even if it only meant one statue

Thanks!
Batminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #1065
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batminator View Post
Hi Jerry,

Since you're making Shao Kahn from MK9, can we still expect to see classic Shao Khan?

I really like your classic Scorpion from MK3, but will we see outfits from MKII as well?

On a non-MK related note, I'd like to suggest Bravestarr as a new license for Pop Culture Shock, even if it only meant one statue

Thanks!
"Ears of the wolf....the wolf....the wolf...."

Haven't thought about that show in years. Bravestarr on his cyber horse would actually make a pretty cool one-off statue, IMO.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Batminator.
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #1066
Batminator
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Thank you, SkyPirate82!

Bravestarr was my favorite show back in the day, and the intro still gives me goosebumps :-) A statue (or three) of Bravestarr, Thirty Thirty and Tex Hex based on the intro wouls be great!
Batminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #1067
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Strength of the bear ... speed of the puma! .. now that brings back some childhood memories indeed

Whilst the questions are flowing on the different PCS lines Jerry i am going to come back to this old chestnut .... Darkstalkers any word at all as the end of the year isnt so far away now ?
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #1068
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdealx View Post
Welcome to the club Poldoski.

My senses tell me your an Arsenal fan aren't you

Same here!

Ha, my fav club in England is Arsenal too!!
You guys also bought one of our players last year (Mertesacker).
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #1069
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Jerry have you ever thought of maybe having a voting system for the street fighter PF's the way you use to on the sota figures? You give us 3-4 characters to vote for and then the winner gets the next slot. Any chance of that happening?
Old 08-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #1070
Kadmos777
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batminator View Post

Bravestarr was my favorite show back in the day, and the intro still gives me goosebumps :-)
So true!

Sorry being offtopic but this gave me nice memories...does anybody know if there exists any "Silverhawks" statue out there?

Thanks.
Kadmos777 is offline   Reply With Quote