Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #581
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Those are good questions.

Ive seen the Syco pieces in person and I dont care for them. The sculpts are, in my opinion, B quality and feel bootleg. The details are nicely sculpted but the forms and proportions feel amateur and clunky to me.

Having said that Im not sure many collectors are discerning enough to see the differences I do, my being a professional sculptor/art director for the past 20 years.

I also dont agree with them releasing so many pieces so quickly. I find it burns out a licenses longevity.

To sum it up, I feel they are making product and we are making something closer to art.

Obviously some will disagree with me and feel Im full of delusions of grandeur. So be it. Nothing I can do to change their opinions.

As far as price differences, everyone has a different amount of profit that makes something worthwhile to them.

As the Chairman of the Board sings...Ill just keep doing things My Way.

No!!! That's impossible!!!
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #582
JRodri2540
The Avengers

Quote:
I think I am going to slide another character in before Sagat.

The sculpt is done and was approved today so may as well make him first.

That means Sagat preorder probably May.
At least we're assured two Street Fighter 1/4 statues this year and the 1/3 Ryu. I'm satisfied. Now I can budget accordingly.

Thanks Jerry
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #583
TheSFToySpirit
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Sadly the bust line hasnt really done very well, not to say I wont do more, but they are sort of on back burner while I try some new things like the 1:1 scale.

There will be more 1:3 though.
Ohh I was afraid to hear that kind of news

Well hopefully the 1:1 bust will sell better and I keep faith to see another 1/3 bust someday

Thanks a lot for the info Jerry!..

And if, according to your schedule, Sagat will be up for pre-order in may, I think it's him who will be release in december, so logically we should have pre-order for the other very soon if he's always planned for june

Jan: MK Scorpion 1:4 scale
March: Ariel 1:4 scale - Chun Li 1:4 scale
April: Judge Dredd 1:4 scale
May: ThunderCat 1:4 scale
June: SF 1:4 scale - MK(K) 1:4 scale - SF diorama
July: Ryu 1:3 scale - SF 1:6 scale - MK 1:4 scale
August: MK diorama
September: Secret Project 1:4 scale
October: SF diorama - ThunderCat 1:4 scale
November: SF 1:1 bust - MK 1:1 bust
December: SF 1:4 scale - MK 1:4 scale

One last thing, is the Ryu 1/3 development going well?..
TheSFToySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #584
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:

The sculpts are, in my opinion, B quality and feel bootleg. The details are nicely sculpted but the forms and proportions feel amateur and clunky to me.

To sum it up, I feel they are making product and we are making something closer to art.
I agree on both counts.I'm not a a pcs fan boy either ,Scorpion will be my first pcs statue.

I have very few statues and they are there in my collection because they are quality sculpts not because of the charachters.

The syko pieces just dont have the skills u see with some of the sculptors working for the likes of jerry ,ss and even Bowen.I know a lot of collectors will settle for the syko pieces due to the price and release dates,But I'm preety sure I would have passed up on them even if Pcs didnt have the liscence.

any idea when we will roughly see scorpion in our homes Jerry?
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #585
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Cheetara????? Update????
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:01 AM   #586
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColossusX View Post
I also have the same questions in my mind and I would like to know Jerry's opinion on this. Although I kind of expect an answer of "each collector has its own characteristics and obtains what his taste/pocket/patience likes". For me the only reason I did not go into syco line is the paint job (from what I have seen of sub-zero so far in this forum). I concider it poor comparing to PC's Scorpion.
I can speak to your opinion of poor paint job of Sub Zero Syco as I own it. Firstly, I can say without a doubt the paint job is not sloppy, it is solidly done, pretty accurate in comparison to the original characters clothes. My pictures I must admit aren't of a professional quality, because they could look better, believe me. I am not saying get one over the other, but for a first statue of their own line, its a pretty impressive start. I will be getting my 1:2 bust of Scorpion any day now, and if the paint job is good or bad, you will all see as I will post pics of it in the general statue thread. But, as one who looks at Sub Zero everyday, the paint app is not poor. Its not perfect, true, but its not poor.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #587
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
yeah we are because it isn't the only line we collect
we're still students you know

besides, I prefer quality over quantity
I prefer quality AND quantity, and affordability as well.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #588
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wow so many answers, jerry you are the man!
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #589
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Jerry can you say if Sagat will have a alt Color for the Ex. Or it will be a entire different costume ??
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:55 AM   #590
kingofhobbies
Kindly Asked To Leave

i have 2 questions Jerry,
regarding the mortal kombat, dont you think that even with their sculpt is a lower quality than PCS they will sell characters that you havent released yet, and you still didnt confirm that you will continue the full line of mortal while they confirmed, kintaro is going to be released soon, i believe all MK fan will go for it knowing that it will be a year or more to see it from PCS, and i dont think that if somebody purchase a kintaro ,he will not for sure buy another from you even if you release it better, that is how you are loosing characters that can sell like crazy and i am sure they wont stop at kintaro, they will get most of the characters done before you know it, what are you going to do about it and how fast you can get the pieces produced without delays (as usual)?
my second question is about Ryu 1/3, dont you think that by releasing the 1/3 ryu you will lower the value of the 1/4 ryu already in the market, i know people are buying it now for more than 1000$, dont you think you will loose trust and resale value of your pieces by releasing a character that you already released? and in bigger scale ???
kingofhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote