Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-15-2023, 12:24 AM   #771
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyflow33 View Post
Ordered the Cowan one directly from McFarlane last week and it just arrived today. Very, very large but the new price points are nuts.
Wow, looks enormous, like a shelf space killer. How tall is it at its highest point? Are you happy with it?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 08:49 AM   #772
rykerw1701
Justice League

Quote:
Ordered the Cowan one directly from McFarlane last week and it just arrived today. Very, very large but the new price points are nuts.
Holy smokes. I don't even have one of those but I've already managed to break it in three places.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 08:56 AM   #773
Mister H
Gen 13

I love looking at pieces like that but would be nervous owning them. Looks great.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 11:21 AM   #774
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Has anyone received the Cowan one yet? With how cheap so many of these get if you wait a couple months I have a feeling this one is going to stay expensive.
At this point, I think I'm done paying the full price. If they don't go down or end up selling out, so be it, but given the massive price drops some of these have seen I'd have to REALLY have some FOMO going on to pull the trigger, especially at $200.

I totally forgot about the Freddie Williams one. I go look on Amazon and it's $53 with an MSRP of $125. Glad I forgot about it.

Then I see some of these pre-orders look "sold out" on some sites (the Joker Timm statue disappeared entirely from Amazon), which makes me wonder if they started manufacturing less or they'll just be one of those thing that become available after release and eventually end up getting these deep discounts. FOMO was about to get me and I was going to order them from McFarlane, but once I saw the price of that Freddie Williams B&W, I paused.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 11:25 AM   #775
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
Holy smokes. I don't even have one of those but I've already managed to break it in three places.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 10:51 PM   #776
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
At this point, I think I'm done paying the full price. If they don't go down or end up selling out, so be it, but given the massive price drops some of these have seen I'd have to REALLY have some FOMO going on to pull the trigger, especially at $200.

I totally forgot about the Freddie Williams one. I go look on Amazon and it's $53 with an MSRP of $125. Glad I forgot about it.

Then I see some of these pre-orders look "sold out" on some sites (the Joker Timm statue disappeared entirely from Amazon), which makes me wonder if they started manufacturing less or they'll just be one of those thing that become available after release and eventually end up getting these deep discounts. FOMO was about to get me and I was going to order them from McFarlane, but once I saw the price of that Freddie Williams B&W, I paused.
Totally agree, I end up waiting on almost all of them unless the artist is coming to a nearby con. I have all of them and have been buying them since 2010 or 2011 and as cool as these statues are, $200 retail plus shipping and tax is just too much when the line started at $40 or $50.

You're totally right too, look at how cool that Bat-owl Capullo one is and it's like $45 now. For every McFarlane, Silvestri or Penguin, there are 5x as many that are 40% of retail price.
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 10:53 PM   #777
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Wow, looks enormous, like a shelf space killer. How tall is it at its highest point? Are you happy with it?
I've collected the whole line so I'm forced into buying all of them haha. I'm in the process of re-doing my office so it's packed up but off-hand I don't think it's any bigger than the McFarlane which I believe is the largest. It probably takes up the same size footprint as the Freddie Williams one.
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 05:00 PM   #778
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've collected the whole line so I'm forced into buying all of them haha. I'm in the process of re-doing my office so it's packed up but off-hand I don't think it's any bigger than the McFarlane which I believe is the largest. It probably takes up the same size footprint as the Freddie Williams one.
Yeah, to the top of the cape lifted over his head is the same height as the McFarlane?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 01:01 AM   #779
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I was dreading this beast but on a riser in the back of a Detolf it's OK like some other big cape Batmans.
Pardon the dust. Need to dust. Always need to dust. LOL
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 05:51 AM   #780
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

It looks really good. It doesn't look bigger than the rest of the line, just the cape is very big.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote