Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-25-2015, 10:35 AM   #1521
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

I'm wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the plug on this line in 2016. Poor quality, slow line progression and not enough interest from collectors. Hype is over and after the first statues with poor quality and loads of issues, not a lot of people are giving this line a second glance.

Good riddance if you ask me. Focus on fewer licenses and statues to get the quality up in acceptable regions SS.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #1522
kiosh
Birdman

if they will cancel the line... the sooner the best, i have all preordered and no faith in their release...after 3-4 years?
kiosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #1523
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

They bailed after queen failed miserably.
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:25 AM   #1524
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I don't buy your naysayer ****. It's not like Sideshow is going to have 1000s of unsold COTD statues sitting in their warehouse. If they don't sell, Sideshow simply cut the production short. Even if only half the ES is met, it's still well worth their time.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #1525
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I think the disappointing result of QOTD drove away a lot of collectors who had interest in this line. Sideshow needed to nail that piece since it was the launch piece of the line and they failed. As of now, not a single COTD piece has sold out. In my view that speaks volumes towards the popularity and long term viability of this line. I wouldn't be surprised if Sideshow is taking steps to retire the statue portion of the line to just focus on the trinkets.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #1526
Sathis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I loved my Queen, and I must have just been "Lucky" since I got a pretty close to perfect one. I also do not have I guess the "True" Collectors high standards like a lot of collectors on these boards.

The wait for the COTD stuff does suck, since they are pretty much the ONLY statues I collect now, except for the random game statue that might pop up out of surprise. It does not bother me though, regardless of the reasoning you just have to wait some times for things you want.

I hope they do not cancel this line, because I think it has a good amount of fans outside of just the group the exists here. They are ALL unique, and beautiful works of art, and the Queen ALWAYS gets a lot of the people who come to see my collections attention. Jack the Ripper beats her out a lot, but she is second! I look forward to seeing the NEW red death additions when he does come out, and hopefully Siren makes it out this year as well!
Sathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:40 AM   #1527
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

@ enshin

true, and if they cut the edition sizes down there would be a mad scramble to pick one up lol
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:48 AM   #1528
kiosh
Birdman

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This is my Queen, i love it but i cant stand like a dog in front of SS doors during 4 years...
Its not a quality problem, im not eternal... yet
kiosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:13 PM   #1529
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Agreed, had the QC on queen been universally good and the production time halved, we'd be having a different conversation. They shot themselves in the foot with this line as it could have easily turned into the original flagship line they hoped it would.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:17 PM   #1530
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

They should have front loaded these pieces, few reveals and a quick turnover of statue releases to keep people interested. I just can't fathom what they are thinking. Now of course when Red Death drops everyone will get all excited again. I keep looking at QOTD PFs listed on eBay for a good discount and can't pull the trigger just yet.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote