Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-24-2018, 11:27 AM   #491
grphyx1
Kingpin

Hey All,

Chad is aware of the cape issue. Is there any option of heating it with a hair dryer and trying to move it in place? I won't have mine until next week so I can't try it myself.

It will be addressed in the Friday live feed, and if not fixable for those that did have it, then most likely some new capes would need to be made. The issue is not for the entire run of the statues.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:12 PM   #492
Rexdriver
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Hey All,

Chad is aware of the cape issue. Is there any option of heating it with a hair dryer and trying to move it in place? I won't have mine until next week so I can't try it myself.

It will be addressed in the Friday live feed, and if not fixable for those that did have it, then most likely some new capes would need to be made. The issue is not for the entire run of the statues.
Just got mine and with the same cape problem. There’s a block at the cape that fits into the back of Superman’s torso. It is the way that block sits that affects the position of the cape. Doubt a hairdryer will do the trick.

Love the statue nonetheless.
Rexdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:19 PM   #493
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexdriver View Post
Just got mine and with the same cape problem. There’s a block at the cape that fits into the back of Superman’s torso. It is the way that block sits that affects the position of the cape. Doubt a hairdryer will do the trick.

Love the statue nonetheless.
Okay thanks. Always sad when these things happen. It'll get sorted out
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:04 PM   #494
Tweeterhead
Tweeterhead
Producer

Hey,

First off MERRY CHRISTMAS and happy Holidays to all of you. Needless to say, this cape issue isn't news I was expecting.

I'm not going to be able to give much news until the end of the week due to the holiday, but I wanted to assure you guys that I will be taking care of you.

It's so sad because the statue came out so well...

Just wanted to check in and let you know, no worries. This will be remedied.

THANKS
C
Tweeterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #495
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Appreciate it Chad! We all know that sometimes 'stuff' happens, but it's good to know that you're on top of it. Still looking forward to what I have coming in and excited about all the new ones to come in 2019!
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 03:29 PM   #496
Eltjar
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeterhead View Post
Hey,

First off MERRY CHRISTMAS and happy Holidays to all of you. Needless to say, this cape issue isn't news I was expecting.

I'm not going to be able to give much news until the end of the week due to the holiday, but I wanted to assure you guys that I will be taking care of you.

It's so sad because the statue came out so well...

Just wanted to check in and let you know, no worries. This will be remedied.

THANKS
C
Thank you very much, Chad! As i wrote before, i could live with it, but if there is a chance to get a perfect Superman statue,
i will certainly take the opportunity!

Merry Christmas to you, your Family and the whole TH team!
Eltjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:47 PM   #497
Karnis
Blue Falcon

I tend to think this would be a relatively minor fix if one were so inclined....simply sand/file down the block on the cape until you get the right angle on it & epoxy it in place. The idea of a replacement cape is nice but you never know if the actual problem is the hole in the back of the statue....not to mention logistics, time frame, etc.

I decided to cancel mine though...I can't fix sloppy paint apps. Bummed because I waited more than a year for it.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:04 PM   #498
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

I'll wait for information from tweeterhead before I can mine. If they're just going to offer replacement capes that are fixed then... great.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:39 PM   #499
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Class act shop. They WILL fix this like Harley ex head issue . Sent replacement free and I’ll continue to support these guys. I like them . Merry Xmas Tweeterhead .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 12:28 AM   #500
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
My Supes EX has been sitting in a UPS facility 43 miles from my home for the last 24 hours, and is still not scheduled to arrive until Thursday. Thanks UPS.
I know it’s frustrating, but try to cut them a little slack. My brother works for UPS and they’ve been all out since Thanksgiving. He usually works 4am-12pm and he has had to go in 6 days a week from 1130pm-1 or 2pm in the afternoon. Just to try to keep up with parcels. They’ve been going non stop. It’ll get there.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote