Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-07-2020, 10:36 AM   #991
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I can where the managing of the emails to see if someone destroyed their statue and then sending them out the new one could be a pain in the butt and would just be a needless task for someone to manage.

I never thought that the Tweeterhead edition sizes were that much of a mess. I guess I never looked at buying statues as an investment (but if I am selling a statue and can make a profit I do not object to it).
The ES issue is this, most EXes are MTO regardless of what the announced ES on the site says. TH's limit on the exclusives is supposed to be 250. The boxes sometimes have to get printed up before the final product ES is ready, which sometimes results in a discrepancy between the brown box and the number under the statue.

The second part of that was the fact that TH had not numbered the regular editions of their statues.

It had created a bit of confusion.

However if there is any way to make a little profit on resale of any item, that is a plus. I haven't resold any of my statues except the 1:5 scale Scarlet Witch comiquette.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:51 AM   #992
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

grphyx

the only statues that I ever sold that I made profit from were some Bowens. Most of them I got back what I paid for them but there were a few that I did make some money on. Then again, I did not over price them but priced them to sell and not just sit on Ebay for months and years.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:22 AM   #993
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
grphyx

the only statues that I ever sold that I made profit from were some Bowens. Most of them I got back what I paid for them but there were a few that I did make some money on. Then again, I did not over price them but priced them to sell and not just sit on Ebay for months and years.
I think it's all a timely thing. I don't think we'll ever get back to those days where these collectibles command and hold their resale on eBay. Too many companies making statues. I have two bowen statues (not busts) that I'll never part with, spinning hammer Thor and Ultimate Captain America
Old 07-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #994
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I think it's all a timely thing. I don't think we'll ever get back to those days where these collectibles command and hold their resale on eBay. Too many companies making statues. I have two bowen statues (not busts) that I'll never part with, spinning hammer Thor and Ultimate Captain America
The Tweeterhead Joker seems to sell for a decent amount...
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #995
MapleDonut
Justice League

Quote:
I agree. When I feel it's time to move on from certain collectibles, I price them to sell. I figure I got my enjoyment out of them and am just happy to pocket a little cash quickly and have them out of the house when I don't want them anymore.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:06 PM   #996
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Built2shred it's a funny thing with this segment of the world, so many are concerned with ES and keeping it low, yet TH does and ES of 300 exes of the Hordak and there are people that complain that he's leaving money on the table and excluding people from getting the ex. It is a no win situation anymore. Plus with all these statues from multiple companies finally starting to show up, I think people forget that China was on lock down until fairly recently but they are still demanding updates. It is a conundrum.
IMO Chad needs to make things simple...

1) No Exclusives, all the statues are the same

2) No Edition Sizes, everything is open-ended. (No more Batman fiascos)

3) Just let the other companies do the selling for him like Sideshow, BBTS and SpecFiction, this would remove the headache of customer service which he has always struggled with.

BTW, wanting an fixed ES doesn't mean you're trying to make money off your statues... Edition Sizes to most collectors means it's more of a "collectible" because it has a set number to it vs something that is just massed produced. Of course when Edition Sizes start going into the several thousands than an ES is rather pointless IMO... Back in the old days an Edition Size actually meant something, today it's used more as a marking gimmick to make people feel the item is rare, so they will order faster...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:24 PM   #997
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
IMO Chad needs to make things simple...

1) No Exclusives, all the statues are the same

2) No Edition Sizes, everything is open-ended. (No more Batman fiascos)

3) Just let the other companies do the selling for him like Sideshow, BBTS and SpecFiction, this would remove the headache of customer service which he has always struggled with.
That would be giving up a big piece of the pie. I wonder how many TH pieces never would have been made if Chad had operated this way from the start.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:30 PM   #998
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
That would be giving up a big piece of the pie. I wonder how many TH pieces never would have been made if Chad had operated this way from the start.
XM for the most part doesn't have exclusives (yeah I know Lady Death and Thanos the one exception) and it doesn't seem to be hurting their business... They have also made lots of less popular characters and seem to be doing fine still...

You have to admit he has a bit of a problem when collectors are passing on exclusives and buying the regular version from someone else just because they don't want to deal with TH customer service...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:36 PM   #999
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
XM for the most part doesn't have exclusives (yeah I know Lady Death and Thanos the one exception) and it doesn't seem to be hurting their business... They have also made lots of less popular characters and seem to be doing fine still...

You have to admit he has a bit of a problem when collectors are passing on exclusives and buying the regular version from someone else just because they don't want to deal with TH customer service...
Well they switched to MTO sometime last year.

Yes TH was off to a bumpy start with a very long learning curve. You'll definitely notice a difference going forward as they are really initiating some positive changes.

Edit. Lemme just say that the exclusives for upcoming statues, no sensible collector will want to pass on.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #1000
GL_2814
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
The reasoning behind that decision is overly simple. The time involved in sending out emails and requests to show proof of destruction before you receive your new superman was more work than simply sending out the replacement. You are free to take a mallet or sidewalk to your original Superman statue when you receive the replacement. Donating to charity was a suggestion. If you wish to have him repainted to red sun supes that is your choice also.
So, what is to prevent anyone selling the old Superman statue on eBay and and keeping the money. If that’s the case, anyone who bought this exclusive statue would receive most of their original payment back and have the new statue as well.
GL_2814 is offline   Reply With Quote