Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-05-2019, 10:41 PM   #711
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermanila View Post
It also has leaning on mine, not sure if it is by design, with Superman taking a step forward and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Mines is leaning also, it's kind of weird they way they sculpted it, from the foot to his bottom knee it's straight up but from his bottom knee to his chest it's leaning forward. He should be standing straight up and not leaning forward.... you only lean forward if your running.... If Chad is redoing this statue he might want to look into that...

Don’t think the initial intention was for Supes to lean. I’ve attached a photo of the prototype from their display booth at SDCC I believe which stands straight and doesn’t lean.

I’ve mentioned this to Debbie and emailed a photo. If they’re redoing the statues anyway, they should fix the tilt issue as well to match the prototype.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:02 PM   #712
Supermanila
Doh!

How does redoing the whole run work by the way? Will they be replacing all units or at least to those who has issues with it? What about those in other countries? Any ideas? I think my piece looks crappy and honestly felt like a trial/reject item. Thanks
Supermanila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:36 PM   #713
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
How does redoing the whole run work by the way? Will they be replacing all units or at least to those who has issues with it? What about those in other countries? Any ideas? I think my piece looks crappy and honestly felt like a trial/reject item. Thanks
I believe Chad is doing a livestream next week. I suspect we’ll get details then.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:43 PM   #714
Supermanila
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I believe Chad is doing a livestream next week. I suspect we’ll get details then.
Great. Many thanks. Where will the livestream be?
Old 01-05-2019, 11:45 PM   #715
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Great. Many thanks. Where will the livestream be?
Tweeteread Facebook page is where all past ones have been. We usually get a heads up on this forum as to exact day and time.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:34 AM   #716
nearmint
Phoenix

I added a 5th bumper to the far right...

From this angle, he’s 100% vertical...

From the below angle, there’s still a bit of a lean, but I prefer the above display option.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:11 AM   #717
Supermanila
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Tweeteread Facebook page is where all past ones have been. We usually get a heads up on this forum as to exact day and time.
Thank you!
Old 01-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #718
nearmint
Phoenix

Here's some new info:

1) Chad will be doing a livestream tomorrow.

2) The factory is remaking the entire run. If the source you received that statue from (other than Tweeterhead) has not contacted you, you might want to contact them. At this time, Tweeterhead doesn't know how those sources will handle returns of the initial run, but those sources are receiving replacements, so you will be taken care of.

3) Tweeterhead is estimating the replacements will arrive in April. If you purchased directly from them, you will be asked to destroy the first-run statue and supply Tweeterhead a photo showing you did so. At that time, your replacement will ship.

More detailed info from Chad tomorrow!
Old 01-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #719
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Nice! I'll definitely be interested in picking this one up once the new pieces arrive to retailers.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:45 AM   #720
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Here's some new info:

1) Chad will be doing a livestream tomorrow.

2) The factory is remaking the entire run. If the source you received that statue from (other than Tweeterhead) has not contacted you, you might want to contact them. At this time, Tweeterhead doesn't know how those sources will handle returns of the initial run, but those sources are receiving replacements, so you will be taken care of.

3) Tweeterhead is estimating the replacements will arrive in April. If you purchased directly from them, you will be asked to destroy the first-run statue and supply Tweeterhead a photo showing you did so. At that time, your replacement will ship.

More detailed info from Chad tomorrow!
Someone has to dress up as Lex Luthor and record this.

Has this ever happened in statues? Even with the issues I'd feel bad destroying one.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote