Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-09-2021, 09:55 AM   #161
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Mine arrived. As beautiful as she is, she has several issues. I am waiting for the distributor to respond on my issues... but really she looks awesome!
Love the portrait. Sorry to hear yours has issues. Just a side note.... with Lady death, I found that if you add some extra pads to the back of the base to raise it more than the front, it'll keep her scythe facing forward. Mine also started to lean backwards (her actual body - since it's such a TINY peg) so this also helped with that.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 10:31 AM   #162
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Mine arrived. As beautiful as she is, she has several issues. I am waiting for the distributor to respond on my issues... but really she looks awesome!
Congrats!
Mine came with broken hair piece. The distributor set to work finding a replacement. Big shout out to SpecFiction
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:30 PM   #163
iceprince_x
Deadman

I am being requested to have her destroyed beyond repair. Her problem is flaking paint on her hair, a scratch on her thigh and foot peg not sitting well on her base. Should I?

I was also told there is no assurance of the next one being better. There are only 150 of these... my first Yamato piece also.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 03:20 AM   #164
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
I am being requested to have her destroyed beyond repair. Her problem is flaking paint on her hair, a scratch on her thigh and foot peg not sitting well on her base. Should I?

I was also told there is no assurance of the next one being better. There are only 150 of these... my first Yamato piece also.
How bad is the scratch on her thigh ?
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:23 AM   #165
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:

With so few issues, it seems a shame to destroy it. Paint issues can be fixed. A peg insert problem can be fixed.
I'm no mathematician, but if you destroy yours, only 149 will remain (plus proto's, AP's, assuming there are any?)
Old 05-13-2021, 06:23 AM   #166
iceprince_x
Deadman

I agree. I think the color of her hair is easy to fix... just the leg scratch. The peg... i am a bit worried since I got burned with SS OG Poison Ivy that leaned overtime because of the peg.

But thanks for your advise on this. I really don’t like destroying statues.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:44 AM   #167
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I agree. I think the color of her hair is easy to fix... just the leg scratch. The peg... i am a bit worried since I got burned with SS OG Poison Ivy that leaned overtime because of the peg.

But thanks for your advise on this. I really don’t like destroying statues.
You could sell it on ebay.