Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 02-27-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Photography

I didn't know where else to put this...We have sections for helping us with our sculpting and painting...Why not one for helping us with our photos...?...I think Mandragora is too talented to help just AvBro and myself...That Pixar fella could give some lessons as well...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
cma3
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

we should have a photography section without a doubt. just look at the the rebel thread...1,484 posts 22,207 views and i assure that thats not geto10 hitting refresh on his browser....or maybe it is. /shrug
cma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
'Nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma3 View Post
we should have a photography section without a doubt. just look at the the rebel thread...1,484 posts 22,207 views and i assure that thats not geto10 hitting refresh on his browser....or maybe it is. /shrug
Thanks for the assist...But I ain't got one of those and the talk is too technical for my old a$$...
Old 02-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
cma3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
Thanks for the assist...But I ain't got one of those and the talk is too technical for my old a$$...
you dont need one to learn though. i mean the basics for all photography apply to any camera. that goes for settings and/or composition.

i mean you are asking about creating a photog section no? or did i misinterpret?
Old 02-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
Mandragora
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
I didn't know where else to put this...We have sections for helping us with our sculpting and painting...Why not one for helping us with our photos...?...I think Mandragora is too talented to help just AvBro and myself...That Pixar fella could give some lessons as well...
I'm totally flattered . . . but yes, there are many talented photographers hanging around here who i'm sure would also be more than happy to give some pointers.

you guys ask the questions and it'll be my pleasure to answer them the best i can
Mandragora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #6
'Nuff

Quote:
you dont need one to learn though. i mean the basics for all photography apply to any camera. that goes for settings and/or composition.

i mean you are asking about creating a photog section no? or did i misinterpret?
No...You read right...But I'm old and old fashioned...I need things in simple terms...I'd love a section dedicated to educating folks about how to photograph our stuff...The Painters Corner is great for instruction as well as The Sculptors Corner...
Old 02-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #7
Mandragora

Quote:

i've seen great pics taken with a cell phone camera . . .the camera itself is (almost) irrelevant
Old 02-27-2008, 08:52 PM   #8
Mandragora

Quote:
No...You read right...But I'm old and old fashioned...I need things in simple terms...I'd love a section dedicated to educating folks about how to photograph our stuff...The Painters Corner is great for instruction as well as The Sculptors Corner...
i think it would be cool considering how many people here take pics . . . we could have a thread just showing them off and others with how to's
Old 02-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
cma3

Quote:
well you can count me in. i'll assist with my limited knowledge.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #10
'Nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandragora View Post
I'm totally flattered . . . but yes, there are many talented photographers hanging around here who i'm sure would also be more than happy to give some pointers.

you guys ask the questions and it'll be my pleasure to answer them the best i can
First we need to get the powers that be to create the section...and then we need tutorials on how to do stuff...Check out the sticky in the painters corner on how to prep a kit...