Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-04-2022, 11:11 PM   #91
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I guess I can put the theory I've put forward to rest. Apparently I'm more of a sleuth than most of the internet, because I just came across "Suspicious Minds", which is the first official novel based on Stranger Things. It is a prequel to the series, and focuses on Terry Ives and MKUltra. In it, it is confirmed that Eleven's father is Andrew Rich. Just some dude Terry was dating. He died in Vietnam. Never knew Terry was pregnant. Interestingly, Brenner pulled strings and got him drafted and sent away. No doubt to make it easy to take the baby.

And on the Stranger Things wiki, apparently there are backstories for the other test subjects, so it doesn't appear there's any DNA shenanigans.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:40 PM   #92
MrYac
Hercules

pfft, if i wanted novel theories i would've learned to read!....but i'll give you partial credit for now
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:45 AM   #93
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Vecna was mindscaping Nancy at the end of Vol1, and beginning of Vol2. What was the point of it??

He showed her everything that was going to happen, and that's a nice tease for the audience, but Vecna just told Nancy to "tell Eleven everything you see."

But...Nancy didn't see Eleven until days later. The visions came true - already happened by the time Eleven shows up. And she still doesn't tell Eleven after she returns.

Another pointless bit of plot that doesn't serve the characters or story - only the audience? Or Vecna just likes rubbing it in her face - telling Eleven "see, I told ya it was gonna happen, and it did!"?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:58 AM   #94
MrYac
Hercules

I think he was going to kill Nancy, but then he was like “crud, if she’s already in the upside down my super cool portals won’t work” so he had to come up with a reason on the fly as to why he started to Freddy Krueger her, and exposition dump was the best he could come up with at the time.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:10 PM   #95
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I don?t think he?s nearly as powerful as he lets on, if he just crawled through a Demo-portal sure he could do some damage, but a couple good hits with a Steve style baseball bat or any gun would?ve put him down pretty quickly .
It was the same with Pennywise. These villains talk a big game, but the baseball bat is undefeated, especially when a group of 80s kids are wailing on you.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 05:09 PM   #96
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
It was the same with Pennywise. These villains talk a big game, but the baseball bat is undefeated, especially when a group of 80s kids are wailing on you.
that's stories in general really, impossibly strong villain that still has to get his butt handed to him by the end of the story somehow.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:45 AM   #97
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Just watched the final two eps, a tremendous season. The music has been utilized incredibly well. The Max/Kate Bush sequence from earlier in the season, then the Journey Separate Ways remix at the end of episode 8 really hit me in the feels as the Hawkins group was about to go to war (also loved the way that song was used in Tron Legacy)...and then the Master Of Puppets gig in the Upside Down...most metal EVER Really glad Steve didn't bite it, and while Eddie's death was sad, it's a real credit to the character and the actor's performance that it made such an impact on me for a character new to this season. I wanted to see Owens (Paul Reiser) pop up in the finale somewhere, but I'm sure we'll see him (and likely Sullivan) again in Season 5.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 11:51 PM   #98
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Just finished this season. Loved it. Very powerful on so many levels.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote