Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-18-2024, 11:26 PM   #1
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Tweeterhead - Lion-O - ThunderCats 1/5 Maquette

This Lion-O design was teased back in August 2023 and was also shared in the Panthro thread.

I dig the pose and I like that his face is not roaring. I understand the roar look suits the animal nature of the character when he is signaling the team to action. But I prefer a Lion-O statue where he is intense and determined, even with a calmer expression, so the facial expression can be after he is done shouting the signal. Maybe this will have switch out portrait offering both. One can be idealized modern look (roaring) and one classic cartoon look.

The briefs are not like in the cartoon but at least it's not as long as it was with the previous Lion-O statue.

Here is the recent message posted on Tweeterhead social along with the lineup image.

Quote:
Thank you to all the collectors who pre-ordered our new Panthro ?Legends? Maquette! Your support means everything to us, and as a thank you, we wanted to share what we have cookin?

Here is a sneak peak at the rough 3D design maquettes that we worked on to see how the collection could come together. These are rough, and things could change, but it's fun to share part of the process with everyone.

In the future, we will share some additional new exclusive content ONLY to those who pre-ordered our Panthro, which will add you to our ?ThunderCats Collectors Club.? There will be additional special discounts and other perks in future releases available only to those who pre-ordered Panthro!

Don't miss out, Panthro is still available!
https://tweeterhead.com/product/panthro-thundercats/
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:32 PM   #2
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

The height of the statue might be a matter of concern to some collectors. Here is one of the comments from Tweeterhead's social in response to someone hesitant to get Lion-O based on the height.

Quote:
These are proof of concept images only. We may include alternate display options or make alterations. I wouldn't discount the whole thing yet
For most fans Lion-O needs to be desirable enough for them to jump on the line, while for others the whole line will be too much of a commitment both in terms of cost and space, so Lion-O will be it or perhaps couple of characters more.

But if Lion-O also turns out to be Tweeterhead website exclusive, it could deter many non-US collectors from ordering, even though they want to add Lion-O to their collection. As many usually order from retailers in their country thus avoiding bigger customs fees and shipping charges.

Hopefully Lion-O comes with an exclusive which can be available only on Tweeterhead, while the regular version can be available through retailers.

https://heavyfuture.blogspot.com/201...look-back.html
10 years ago in September 2014, I rambled on about ThunderCats merchandise while looking back at all the modern ThunderCats items available up to that year. This was before the Mattel figures, Sideshow statues, and Super 7 figures.

I also went on about wanting to promote ThunderCats online and keeping the fandom in the spotlight.

The official ThunderCats Facebook page has over 2.5 million followers. No posts since 2018. If WB cared enough about this franchise (they don't), that page would be doing cross promotion with Tweeterhead.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 09:47 AM   #3
SONICobra
Batman

If they nail lion-o i think the line will be successful, that was what took the wind out of the sails of the SS line. mumm-ra was pretty great, very well received then lion-o... im sure all the villains will be awesome, the cats will be the deciding factor for many but panthro looks fantastic so hopefully thats a good sign
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote