Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-24-2021, 09:05 PM   #151
flico
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
The best reason you kept Hush Ivy - it looks 100x better than this one.
True! Artistically I like hush ivy more too.
flico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:03 AM   #152
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Good point. I guess I just find it odd to scrap a collection because a line ends, even if the character selection isn't complete. I've collected so many lines of statues or figures that have faltered or failed before the original promise of the line has been fulfilled, but I've rarely sold them all because of this.
(DCD's B&W Arkham line for instance)
I agree there, too. It's frustrating to see lines abandoned too soon and the same main characters rehashed. But I also know how these things go and I'm mostly a character collector anyway. So a company stopping a line won't invalidate the joy I get from the pieces I've already purchased. Sure it's great to get more of a line and it's good to voice that desire. But the Arkham line was pretty strong and those who had multiple pieces displayed looked super impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGwen View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Harley throne piece a continuation of the Arkham line?
Ah, true! It looks so different from the others that in my head it's a stand alone piece.

Also for the bigger Arkham line collectors, this piece didn't stop them from selling their collections. So it doesn't seem to count with them either. Too little too late. :/
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:14 PM   #153
WhistlingTime
Birdman

This is very disappointing news. I actually really like this depiction of Ivy (with the Ex portrait) and was eager for this to complete an Arkham sirens display.

There’ll no doubt be another Ivy down the line but I just hope it gels okay with the Arkham Selina and Harley. Mostly my fingers are crossed that, when they do another, it’s not too elaborate with the base/environment like the Hush Ivy or recent City Harley.
WhistlingTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 06:28 PM   #154
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I don’t know if I can even name a line that was completed top to bottom. Maybe Prime 1’s Synder Justice League and that’s about it? Or their New 52 JLA. I just hope they can churn out most of the primary Lord of the Rings characters.
I can’t think of one either, which just adds to my confusion on why people would dump their collection because one piece is cancelled. Even Gentle Giant’s SW line, which has been going for 20 years, still doesn’t have R2-D2!
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:54 AM   #155
naeser2008
Justice League

I really hope other companies don't start pulling things like
this and cancelling pre-ordered statues.

If I had this one on PO, I would have been pissed to find this
out a year later. The bottom line is that if you offer something for
preorder and have people put their money into you, you damn well better deliver the product to them.

No excuses for anything other than that.
naeser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:51 AM   #156
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeser2008 View Post
I really hope other companies don't start pulling things like
this and cancelling pre-ordered statues.

If I had this one on PO, I would have been pissed to find this
out a year later. The bottom line is that if you offer something for
preorder and have people put their money into you, you damn well better deliver the product to them.

No excuses for anything other than that.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:59 AM   #157
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It could be that preorders were so low they weren't going to hit the minimum order quantity (MOQ). The new Batman Arkham 7.43 only has a combined ES of 370, which to enter production probably means the MOQ is 300 or 350. If Ivy got less preorders than that, it could be the factory's decision not to produce it.

People saying they won't preorder from now on is actually going to cause more statues to be cancelled in the future. Preorders are how companies judge how many they should make, plus a percentage more for non-preorder customers. If there's a lack of interest in the preorder phase, it will mean statues are more likely to not hit the MOQ, and therefore will be cancelled.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:20 AM   #158
SDguy

But at what point does the producer need to take on some risk? We are already giving them interest free loans when we pay up front, especially in full. And we certainly get punished if we can't fulfill our commitment in the form of NRD.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:40 AM   #159
gra007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
But at what point does the producer need to take on some risk? We are already giving them interest free loans when we pay up front, especially in full. And we certainly get punished if we can't fulfill our commitment in the form of NRD.
They're probably taking more risk than we realize on other pieces. An ES of 370 for the new Batman 7.43 sounds like one for sure, considering the original had a combined ES of 3000. I guarantee you they are not raking in the dough on that one, and might even just be scraping by breaking even.

The amount of a down payment is just committing people to an order, but at that price there's no way they're bankrolling an entire run with that money. They would also have to pay WB a guarantee on top of the license fee, which is probably where that money goes to in the end.

I can see not making payment plans, because really there's no need for them. When you're spending $1500 on a statue, you should be able to manage your own money in your own bank account and pay on shipment.

I do understand the question of why aren't they accountable for cancelling, but It's not something exclusive to the statue world. There was a Seinfeld where George is penalized $75 for cancelling a doctor's appointment within 24 hours, but the doctor cancels within 24 hours and doesn't have to pay George. That's not something that Prime 1 has to own up to, that's just the crummy price of doing any kind of business on the consumer end of the transaction.
Old 08-26-2021, 12:27 PM   #160
naeser2008
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
It could be that preorders were so low they weren't going to hit the minimum order quantity (MOQ). The new Batman Arkham 7.43 only has a combined ES of 370, which to enter production probably means the MOQ is 300 or 350. If Ivy got less preorders than that, it could be the factory's decision not to produce it.

People saying they won't preorder from now on is actually going to cause more statues to be cancelled in the future. Preorders are how companies judge how many they should make, plus a percentage more for non-preorder customers. If there's a lack of interest in the preorder phase, it will mean statues are more likely to not hit the MOQ, and therefore will be cancelled.
They knew where preorders were at long ago.
I know for a fact other companies have been below their edition size and still produced the pieces they offered to customers.

Biggest one off the top of my head is Elite Creature Collectibles. The Shape of Water Maquette was supposed to be an ES of around 300 pieces, they only ended up making about 100, and only 15 sold in the United States. They took a bath on that item, but still honored their preorders, regardless. And they have done that several times before. That is the way it needs to be when you are offering $1,000+ statues.

Again, I say it... NO excuses.
Especially a year+ after PO.

With how this was handled, 100% shame on Prime 1.
naeser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote