Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-12-2022, 06:19 AM   #21
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
To date 9 of Putin's generals/military commanders have been killed so far in Russia?s war on Ukraine. One Russian colonel from the 37th Motor Rifle Brigade is believed to have been deliberately run over by his troops, as a consequence of the scale of losses that have been taken by his brigade (apparently)

Meanwhile.. tens of thousands of Ukrainians could be dead from Russia's attack on Mariupol. There is no sign of the war ending any time soon. Fact is Ukrainian civilians have been tortured, killed by Russian troops

At what point will NATO get properly involved?

I doubt Putin will accept loosing.
The question remains, will Putin instruct they start pushing the red buttons? i would not anything past Putin
I think they figured this would take a week, but now evident will go on for a while as Ukrainians dig in and supplied by other nations can withstand the invasion.

The question is if this ends with concessions to Putin (losing three regions) or essentially bleeding the Russian economy to the point they fully retreat. Russia's economy is projected to contract by 15% this year and they are experiencing a brain drain as young educated members flee. I don't see how they recover for a generation from this disaster (and that's a good scenario, if they try to take Finland or Estonia they will be crushed).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 06:19 AM   #22
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I believe, i understand NATO's hasitation to intervain much on The Ukrainian side. I mean that means Russia vs Europe and America which means WWIII... And no one wants that.

Turkey had some sincere attempts of peace conferances between Russia and Ukrain. First one was in my city, Antalya. (: And second one was in Istanbul. They were resulted without any peace agreement.

The thing is, i heard on tv that some political thinkers say, America didn't support Turkey's attempts at restoring peace by conferances and America wants the war to go on to wear out Russia so Nato gives weapons to Ukrain. Ukrain is just a pawn and It is not Russia that commited war crimes against civilians that There are Nazis there that do horrible things to civilians and blame Russia.

Now, don't crusifie me, this is just honestly what i heard on tv and i don't know if it is the truth.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 06:24 AM   #23
Augen
The Hulk

That depends on the terms of the peace. If Putin demands no consequence for this then I don't see why Ukraine would accept. I break into your house and then claim you're being unfair to not concede a couple rooms so we stop fighting.
If Russia offered a full retreat (including Crimea) then we might have something. The issue is no one trusts Russia at this point.
Old 04-12-2022, 06:34 AM   #24
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
That depends on the terms of the peace. If Putin demands no consequence for this then I don't see why Ukraine would accept. I break into your house and then claim you're being unfair to not concede a couple rooms so we stop fighting.
If Russia offered a full retreat (including Crimea) then we might have something. The issue is no one trusts Russia at this point.
That brings us back to why Russia invaded Ukrain in the first place question... All i heard was America and Europe were getting ready to take Ukrain in to Nato so Russia didn't want that and there are Nazis there in Ukrain and Ukrain found really good source of petrol in Crimea that might effect Russia's place in the market. This is all, i heard.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:33 AM   #25
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
That brings us back to why Russia invaded Ukrain in the first place question... All i heard was America and Europe were getting ready to take Ukrain in to Nato so Russia didn't want that and there are Nazis there in Ukrain and Ukrain found really good source of petrol in Crimea that might effect Russia's place in the market. This is all, i heard.
No one takes anyone in NATO. It is a process a nation applies for and takes years. For example, Finland is considering it now and possibly this year will start the process. Why? Because Finns (and Ukrainians) have the right to self determination and can join alliances they seek. NATO or the EU make themselves appealing and have expanded. Russia has done little to nothing to present a viable option and if anything has driven countries to seek out NATO. Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia all joined for example due to to fears of Russia. Putin has stated himself he seeks to restore the USSR territory and has shown willingness to do so via force.

In terms of "Nazis" there are literally neo-Nazis in pretty much every country. They are right wing extremists. On this basis one could invade any country. It makes it hard to swallow when Ukraine elected their president who is Jewish that they are somehow run as a Nazi state.

The energy issue is the most likely reason. Russia became a petrol state and its failure to diversify its economy has led it to be dependent on such industries. This is why 2014 happened and the campaign to claim Ukrainian regions that would pose a threat to this dynamic. By doing this though Russia has caused much of the world (especially western Europe) to reconsider their own energy models to no longer be dependent on them. Putin overplayed his hand after being emboldened and now is increasingly frustrated. I don't see any good path for Russia now, just versions of bad paths.
Old 04-12-2022, 12:13 PM   #26
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
No one takes anyone in NATO. It is a process a nation applies for and takes years.
I Agree

I hope i translate all this correctly.

In 2008, Germany and France rejected Ukraine's NATO membership so as not to irritate Putin. Putin has always been opposed to eastward expansion of NATO.

But Ukraine is the only non-member participating in three NATO-led military operations (ISAF, KFOR and OAE) and the first ?partner state? to participate in a NATO Response Force.

NATO's provocations against Russia were certainly there, but none of this justifies the incursion and massacres in Ukraine.
Asgard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:29 PM   #27
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Wow, that comment didn't age well.
Yes it did. When we invade a country, we immediately destroy the communications, supply chains, power grids, water supply, etc. Russia did not do that. Of course there will always be civilians casualties in war. We've been bombing civilians for ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Vitali and his brother Wladimir ask other countries for more weapons to help them fight the war in Ukraine in a TV interview yesterday: https://nypost.com/2022/04/11/boxer-...s-for-ukraine/
What happened to that $14+ billion we just sent them? Oh wait, no one knows. It was stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Yes, the Azovs. They've been committing genocide for a number of years. In fact, they just murdered Gonzalo Lira, a social media influencer who was outspoken against Zelensky.
I hope the Russians wipe them out and restore some order to Ukraine, but I doubt that will happen. At the expense of the people, Ukraine has been the piggybank of corrupt politicians for years. That is why the U.S. is so interested in Ukraine and through lies has convinced everyone to put the little flags on their profile pics. I immediately knew something was fishy when the media started spamming "Kyiv" instead of "Kiev" everywhere. Don't want us to find old articles, eh?

Quote:
No one takes anyone in NATO. It is a process a nation applies for and takes years. For example, Finland is considering it now and possibly this year will start the process. Why? Because Finns (and Ukrainians) have the right to self determination and can join alliances they seek. NATO or the EU make themselves appealing and have expanded. Russia has done little to nothing to present a viable option and if anything has driven countries to seek out NATO. Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia all joined for example due to to fears of Russia. Putin has stated himself he seeks to restore the USSR territory and has shown willingness to do so via force.

In terms of "Nazis" there are literally neo-Nazis in pretty much every country. They are right wing extremists. On this basis one could invade any country. It makes it hard to swallow when Ukraine elected their president who is Jewish that they are somehow run as a Nazi state.

The energy issue is the most likely reason. Russia became a petrol state and its failure to diversify its economy has led it to be dependent on such industries. This is why 2014 happened and the campaign to claim Ukrainian regions that would pose a threat to this dynamic. By doing this though Russia has caused much of the world (especially western Europe) to reconsider their own energy models to no longer be dependent on them. Putin overplayed his hand after being emboldened and now is increasingly frustrated. I don't see any good path for Russia now, just versions of bad paths.
Ukraine has real nazis, not the fake boogeyman ones the media harps on about (who are mostly feds). As for Zelensky, he's a former actor/comedian and puppet of the West. He had his former political opponents jailed and dissidents killed. When he's not stealing the aid (he is a billionaire now) or doing lines of coke, he's taking glamour photos during the middle of a war.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 12:52 AM   #28
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Yes it did. When we invade a country, we immediately destroy the communications, supply chains, power grids, water supply, etc. Russia did not do that. Of course there will always be civilians casualties in war. We've been bombing civilians for ages.

What happened to that $14+ billion we just sent them? Oh wait, no one knows. It was stolen.

Yes, the Azovs. They've been committing genocide for a number of years. In fact, they just murdered Gonzalo Lira, a social media influencer who was outspoken against Zelensky.
I hope the Russians wipe them out and restore some order to Ukraine, but I doubt that will happen. At the expense of the people, Ukraine has been the piggybank of corrupt politicians for years. That is why the U.S. is so interested in Ukraine and through lies has convinced everyone to put the little flags on their profile pics. I immediately knew something was fishy when the media started spamming "Kyiv" instead of "Kiev" everywhere. Don't want us to find old articles, eh?

Ukraine has real nazis, not the fake boogeyman ones the media harps on about (who are mostly feds). As for Zelensky, he's a former actor/comedian and puppet of the West. He had his former political opponents jailed and dissidents killed. When he's not stealing the aid (he is a billionaire now) or doing lines of coke, he's taking glamour photos during the middle of a war.
Have to agree with you
From what I hear from the people that went to Ukraine before all this started, it?s just about powerful people losing money. Their government was one of the most if not most corrupt in the world. They were the number one country for kids being sold into the slave trade (sure you can all figure out what happens to them). I feel for the people but the gov is getting what it sowed. Sadly many innocents are going to pay a price?just like many were there before the war.

Last edited by extracomputer.1; 04-21-2022 at 12:53 AM. Reason: 1
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 03:45 PM   #29
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I think the key word here was MORE weapons. And Republicans had argued that should have been included in the initial $14 billion aid package anyway.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 12:56 PM   #30
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If NATO especially the USA weren’t aiding the Ukrainians, the war would had been over long time ago and thousands would not had been killed. You can blame Putin all you want but it was NATO’s fault for dangling the prospect of Ukraine entering NATO. They could had easily shut that down and there would had never been a war.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote