Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-21-2021, 09:09 AM   #41
deadrodian
The Spirit

guess I'm in...
Jnd is one company, that offers shipping to nearly everywhere, NA, SA, EU, Asia, gotta support this behavior as opposed to Queens, heck even Infinity got their new products on FNC now
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:14 AM   #42
deadrodian
The Spirit

also it looks like they used this scene for the statue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	305BD49200000578-0-image-m-42_1453260078591.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	140635   Click image for larger version

Name:	fbdsh.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	140636  
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:53 AM   #43
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
also it looks like they used this scene for the statue
Well spotted.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:10 AM   #44
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
guess I'm in...
Jnd is one company, that offers shipping to nearly everywhere, NA, SA, EU, Asia, gotta support this behavior as opposed to Queens, heck even Infinity got their new products on FNC now
I don’t think that’s exactly choice you know. It’s probably got to do with whatever licence they are operating under.

For example in order to get their silicone busts approved for the US, it seems they are planning to piggyback on ECC’s licence to sell in North America etc.

And if you find a particular store selling a companies product to which they aren’t licensed, it just means that the store is importing the product themselves.

With JND, I’m not sure what licence their product exactly comes under, as there aren’t any other companies producing silicone statues in 1/3 scale, so it’s more then likely they aren’t being restricted by any other companies stranglehold on a ‘current’ licence in many regions.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:49 AM   #45
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hated the movie with a passion, so I highly doubt I get this but it looks very good!
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:28 AM   #46
ukshaun
Hercules

With real hair, fabric jacket, and presumably silicone portrait, glass eye's, why not go the whole way and make it a figure? ..as it is not a statue. It may as well be a 1/3 Hot Toys piece.

For sure i am interested to see the portrait. The real hair feature makes the piece a no go for me. I will stick with my 1/3 Prime 1 Harley
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:33 AM   #47
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post

If JND plan to make a Daenerys one day, I could be in trouble.

I'd said SS Harley or Daeny would = a JND buy and here we are.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:57 AM   #48
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
With real hair, fabric jacket, and presumably silicone portrait, glass eye's, why not go the whole way and make it a figure? ..as it is not a statue. It may as well be a 1/3 Hot Toys piece.

For sure i am interested to see the portrait. The real hair feature makes the piece a no go for me. I will stick with my 1/3 Prime 1 Harley
Really? This again? How can anyone say "it's not a statue" based on the materials they're using? There was even some clown over in the Queen Studio thread trying to compare their Catwoman to a Barbie doll, (a full polystone STATUE) because they had the audacity to use real hair.....personally I find it endlessly frustrating that you guys feel you're the judge and jury of what does and does not constitute as a statue - especially if the product doesn't meet your narrow view of what a statue is.

What strikes me as odd, you know this is JND's product strategy....it has been for all of their 5 projects, and it's not likely to change, so does this mean you're going to beat this drum EVERY TIME they bring out something new?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:03 PM   #49
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Really? This again? How can anyone say "it's not a statue" based on the materials they're using? There was even some clown over in the Queen Studio thread trying to compare their Catwoman to a Barbie doll, (a full polystone STATUE) because they had the audacity to use real hair.....personally I find it endlessly frustrating that you guys feel you're the judge and jury of what does and does not constitute as a statue - especially if the product doesn't meet your narrow view of what a statue is.

What strikes me as odd, you know this is JND's product strategy....it has been for all of their 5 projects, and it's not likely to change, so does this mean you're going to beat this drum EVERY TIME they bring out something new?
If i took a Hot Toys figure and glued all the joints in place to form a pose, would it make it a statue?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:17 PM   #50
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
If i took a Hot Toys figure and glued all the joints in place to form a pose, would it make it a statue?
And by contrast, would it be an action figure?

Anyway, call these products what you like. Honestly, I shouldn't have risen to the bait. If you don't see these products for what they are, then I guess that means you're not the target audience.

If you find it entertaining to continuously drop into JND threads, drop the same criticisms as always, and proceed to tell us you're not buying (as if any of us care) - then have at it.

It's really a great shame, outside of JND, your posts are normally on point - something about JND seems to rub you up the wrong way.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote