Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-18-2022, 01:13 AM   #941
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Mine arrived yesterday, but I haven’t opened it yet. I’ll do an unboxing video of it this week.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 02:22 AM   #942
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Just a heads up to those that have this statue.

Please check the seam between the silicone head / neck and the polystone body. You might need to gently push aside the t-shirt around her neck to expose the seam.

Apparently there is a gap.

You need to check the front and the back, because some have stated the front lines up ok, and the silicone meets the polystone satisfactorily, but there's a large gap at the back, or vice versa - or BOTH.

It's unlikely this has been caused through delivery handling - it's more likely to be a "fault" from production. There's some speculation that JND didn't bond the heads to the body to avoid the issues we saw with Catwoman - but this is unconfirmed.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 02:53 PM   #943
actionjackson83
Midnighter

if you go the magnet method, you might be able to get stick ons, and put one side underneath the jacket, and use the sticky part of the other magnet on the bat
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 04:50 PM   #944
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I finally assembled Harley. The only issue is the strap that holds the two speed loaders isn't long enough to attach both. So I only included one. If JND was required by the licensor to include the "Suicide Squad" logo, I appreciate the black on black so it doesn't look cheap. I think the purse needs a repaint as it should be chrome. I wonder if someone will try to silver plate it.

Thank you to whoever shared the fishing wire hack for the bat. I had some superfine hanging wire I bought from Amazon [Fishing Wire, Selizo 3Pcs Clear Fishing Line Jewelry String Invisible Nylon Thread for Hanging Decorations, Beading and Crafts (3 Sizes, 60 Yards per Roll)]. I used the 0.2mm line. Here's a close up.

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 05:40 PM   #945
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I finally assembled Harley. The only issue is the strap that holds the two speed loaders isn't long enough to attach both. So I only included one. If JND was required by the licensor to include the "Suicide Squad" logo, I appreciate the black on black so it doesn't look cheap. I think the purse needs a repaint as it should be chrome. I wonder if someone will try to silver plate it.

Thank you to whoever shared the fishing wire hack for the bat. I had some superfine hanging wire I bought from Amazon [Fishing Wire, Selizo 3Pcs Clear Fishing Line Jewelry String Invisible Nylon Thread for Hanging Decorations, Beading and Crafts (3 Sizes, 60 Yards per Roll)]. I used the 0.2mm line. Here's a close up.
Did you check for the "gap issue" between the silicone headsculpt and the polystone body?
Old 12-18-2022, 06:48 PM   #946
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Did you check for the "gap issue" between the silicone headsculpt and the polystone body?
The interface between the silicone and resin isn't perfectly flush, but why should that matter since it is under the clothing.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:09 PM   #947
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
The interface between the silicone and resin isn't perfectly flush, but why should that matter since it is under the clothing.
Nobody is saying if it "matters" or not - that's for each individual to decide. It's just a heads up for those who might care.

Some statues had quite large gaps - which might indicate that the head is coming away from the body, or is not secure to the body.

But - like I said it's a heads up, take it or leave it.
Old 12-18-2022, 08:16 PM   #948
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Nobody is saying if it "matters" or not - that's for each individual to decide. It's just a heads up for those who might care.

Some statues had quite large gaps - which might indicate that the head is coming away from the body, or is not secure to the body.

But - like I said it's a heads up, take it or leave it.
I think that JND still has some learning to do with silicone. A solid silicone head isn’t the best construction choice. I have an unlicensed Naruto Sakura statue from Yomi that has silicone over a resin under body. The resin to silicone interfaces are really clean and tight for a 1/6 scale figure.
Old 12-18-2022, 10:12 PM   #949
tarim69
Sailor Moon

No gap here.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:46 AM   #950
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Checked mine this morning, no gap. But it does appear there is no magnet keeping the left arm in place like others have stated. If not for the jacket keeping it in place I believe the arm would probably fall off.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote