Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 05-16-2006, 06:53 PM   #21
mitchanator
Death is hereditary.

nice review can't wait to see it in person at my lcs
mitchanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:25 PM   #22
tuv1305
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa
EXACTLY!!! Man, if pieces are all the same, you guys gripe. If they are different, you guys gripe. The reason the statue is so tall is because each piece...the base & the character...are 9-10 inches tall!! I'm sure the idea was to make it seem like MK was way up high...on the top of a building...looking down on the populace. GREAT IDEA!!!

BD decides to make a base that is not "cookie cutter" & people do not like it. I think they are doing a GREAT job lately making unique bases. Yes, it makes the piece more expensive, but also MUCH NICER and distinctive. And I am not even a FS collector...tho I *WILL* be getting a WMK

The thought and work that goes into the bases on BD's pieces are a big reason why I usually choose them over the competition. Hawkeye and Namor are two perfect examples of this. Heck, I wouldn't even be buying a Namor if it wasn't for the great underwater scene depicted on that base. How awesome is the base on the fs Ghost Rider by BD? The list goes on, as does my ramble, so to wrap things up, I can't wait for my MK with his too tall base
tuv1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:14 PM   #23
Dr.V2005
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Nice review, Mikey, can't wait to read and see your reveiw of WMK!
Dr.V2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:20 PM   #24
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

awesome statue...silver or white...the K bros rock!

good review bc
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:14 AM   #25
Sculptorlady
Frackin!

I've seen it in person. It's okay. Bowen's done better. I wasn't very impressed.
Sculptorlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:33 AM   #26
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

I actually love this piece. I like it better than the white one. One of the reasons is because I like darker statues. Yea, like any other piece, it can have changes. Love the review. My final grade would probably a bit higher giving the white one the 3.5. But, that is only because of personal choice. I'm not bothered by the height either. It is an excellent piece to display on a second row. I'll take a pic of mine this week and show how I displayed it. I happen to have it on a single row but think it's great!
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #27
the Hammer
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod
I actually love this piece. I like it better than the white one. One of the reasons is because I like darker statues. Yea, like any other piece, it can have changes. Love the review. My final grade would probably a bit higher giving the white one the 3.5. But, that is only because of personal choice. I'm not bothered by the height either. It is an excellent piece to display on a second row. I'll take a pic of mine this week and show how I displayed it. I happen to have it on a single row but think it's great!

You haven't actually seen the white version in person though, right? I can't wait to see the differences between the two. The height doesn't bother me, I think it can be worked in on a 2nd tier type of thing. I actually like the difference, it adds something unique to the piece.
the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:01 AM   #28
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
The White Moon Knight is Inaccurate

Umm, excuse me if I am wrong but I do believe that the moon emblem on MK's chest and belt, and even the arm bracers are gold. To me, the silver emblems don't quite seem right. Also, all it seems that Bowen did was paint white over the silver, hence it's slightly bluish hue. I am not dogging the white one, but many people are saying that they like the white one better when they have yet to see it. Don't fret though, I also feel the silver MK should have gold emblems and a gold club in his hand. Check the Marvel Universe Handbook if you guys want accuracy.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:23 AM   #29
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone
Umm, excuse me if I am wrong but I do believe that the moon emblem on MK's chest and belt, and even the arm bracers are gold. To me, the ... Check the Marvel Universe Handbook if you guys want accuracy.
I believe you are thinking about another outfit.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:15 AM   #30
buchieboy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

so is that white or silver??
buchieboy is offline   Reply With Quote