Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-31-2022, 10:33 AM   #141
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm going to say this right now, and I haven't looked up anything regarding casting per episodes as I try to stay spoiler free. Thus, you guys may know something I do not. And overall I can deal with a lot of head scratchng things or oversights on the who-knows-who-when/how thing.

BUT if Vader speaks (while in the suit) and that voice is not JEJ - heads will roll. I will lead the torch and pitchfork charge. I will give leniency to him speaking outside of the enclosed suit, but they best not dare change the holy grail of SW voices.

It's gonna be Hayden's voice...

https://youtu.be/C9aChlQR-7o

statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 10:55 AM   #142
Demona
Martian Manhunter

That is so sad and pitiful.

Disney just needs to have JEJ record anything they might have Vader say in anything ever again. The man is 91. We aint got time to take chances. People always think of Morgan Freeman when they talk about narration of the afterlife, I think JEJ. If Lion King didn't burn into your soul as a child, did you really even live and learn about love and our place in the universe?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 11:10 AM   #143
qz33
Doctor Doom

I think it could likely be James Earl Jones or if they had the foresight an A.I. approximation crafted from pre-recorded samples. He'd probably be down for it especially at his age I doubt he would be looking to charge a premium.

He already didn't sound on point for Rogue One. Though no one other than Ben Burtt had ever mixed Vader's voice before Rogue One and Mr. Burtt is recognized for having far superior aural talents.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 11:48 AM   #144
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think it could likely be James Earl Jones or if they had the foresight an A.I. approximation crafted from pre-recorded samples. He'd probably be down for it especially at his age I doubt he would be looking to charge a premium.

He already didn't sound on point for Rogue One. Though no one other than Ben Burtt had ever mixed Vader's voice before Rogue One and Mr. Burtt is recognized for having far superior aural talents.
agreed, I have the utmost respect for JEJ but Vader in Rogue One sounded noticeably different
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 11:59 AM   #145
qz33
Doctor Doom

^ Yeah I think it's a combination of his age AND someone else at the mixing board and I think Ben Burtt may very well have bee able to compensate for his age. Remember Vader's breathing has always been Burtt's own breath as well.

No disrespect, I love Hayden returning in any capacity, but I wish they'd stop putting Hayden in the suit. He couldn't pull it off in Revenge of the Sith and the publicity pics now show the same problems: Skinny arms and a non imposing stature.

Vader's physical stature isn't just about vertical height that can be compensated for by misdirection and camera trickery.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:42 PM   #146
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:
Vader's physical stature isn't just about vertical height that can be compensated for by misdirection and camera trickery.
Agreed. Same can be said for Punisher and Batman.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 01:28 PM   #147
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
He already didn't sound on point for Rogue One.
I hate to agree, but I do...it was similar for his vocal parts in Rebels. This is one reason why a Vader series would be tricky to navigate.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:08 PM   #148
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
It's gonna be Hayden's voice...

https://youtu.be/C9aChlQR-7o

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:18 PM   #149
Demona
Martian Manhunter

His voice was different in Rogue One and Rebels, but at least you knew who was speaking even if you weren't looking. I would think that the mixer could work wonders these days to get it close to JEJ's younger tone, but I could be wrong.

We don't need no pipsqueak punk voice from HC.

And ITA with the figure of Vader like you guys sad. It's not a height issue. Vader has bulk.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:22 PM   #150
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Well, of course, it shouldn't be Hayden, but the voice will change sooner than later. JEJ will pass but Vader will not. It's inevitable.

Someone out there can come close.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote