Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 11-17-2022, 03:59 PM   #51
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Hopefully tonight's game isn't trash. And the NFL needs to let the Bills\Browns play on Sunday! They're Worried about snow.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 04:42 PM   #52
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
And the NFL needs to let the Bills\Browns play on Sunday! They're Worried about snow.
From Adam Schefter:

Forecasts calling for snow totals of 3-to-6 feet by Sunday in Buffalo, including possible ?thundersnow.? Last time snow forced NFL to move a game out of Buffalo was 2014, when Jets and Bills played that Monday night in Detroit. NFL monitoring storm, talking to Bills and Browns.

The Bills play the Lions on Thanksgiving, imagine the Bills playing at Ford Field twice in 4 days
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 09:45 PM   #53
Demona
Martian Manhunter

No need to imagine since it?s happening. Wondering if Buffalo will fly home between games or just chill. I would think practice/prep may be an issue if they don?t fly, but with the bananas weather?
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 02:04 AM   #54
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Haha, yep, the Bills will own Ford Field this week. Probably makes more sense for them to just stay in Detroit till Thanksgiving...much easier from a logistics perspective I would think.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:10 PM   #55
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
No need to imagine since it?s happening. Wondering if Buffalo will fly home between games or just chill. I would think practice/prep may be an issue if they don?t fly, but with the bananas weather?
No chance they fly back home..storm is supposed to bring close to 4 ft, if not more. That city is going to be crazy for a few days. Clean up is going to be tough.
Frankierock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 08:51 PM   #56
AC_808
Hercules

I was totally surprised by that Cowboys vs Vikings game.

I really thought the Vikings were going to give the Cowboys a tougher fight.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 03:49 AM   #57
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I did too, I started Cousins in a league and it almost bit me in the ass, barely survived and got the win And Tony Pollard is so much better than Zeke, and has been for a couple years, explosive and a good pass catcher...they should only use Zeke to give Pollard a breather.

And my Lions, 3 wins in a row...my fam is like we're still in the playoff hunt...why do we do this to ourselves
Old 11-22-2022, 10:22 AM   #58
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Why in the hell would you make Cousins your fantasy QB? No way. No how. I laugh when I see him drafted. Your starting QB must have been on a bye
I lost my league this week because Tua was on a bye. Jimmy G did a solid job, except he used Kittle too much (who my opponent had).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I was totally surprised by that Cowboys vs Vikings game.

I'm not even calling that a game. That was a nationally televised mass murder. Soooo bad. I thought my Vikes would put up more of a little fight, but when Hockenson dropped that pass in the end zone early on, I knew what kind of game it would be. I turned it off in the middle of the third. I rarely turn off a game, but watching Pollard run like a mad man was frustrating.

Meanwhile, those Lions beating up on the Giants displeased my husband (Lions fan). He wants them to play (aka lose) for draft picks
Old 11-22-2022, 01:59 PM   #59
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm not even calling that a game. That was a nationally televised mass murder. Soooo bad. I thought my Vikes would put up more of a little fight, but when Hockenson dropped that pass in the end zone early on, I knew what kind of game it would be. I turned it off in the middle of the third. I rarely turn off a game, but watching Pollard run like a mad man was frustrating.

Meanwhile, those Lions beating up on the Giants displeased my husband (Lions fan). He wants them to play (aka lose) for draft picks
No real way to blame Cousins either, they were on him as soon as the ball was snapped. That was wild to watch. Funny I dropped the Dallas defense for the Bangles to play the matchup.
Philintheblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 02:32 PM   #60
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Sure could not lay the blame on Cousins (wish I could ), but our weak ass o-line showed their colors. It's been bad for so many years now it's becoming ridiculous.

People are going to sit there and blame the defense, and they weren't great. BUT, there is zero way those men could sustain energy when out on the field that long. The Vikings offense was only on the field for almost 4 minutes in the second quarter. I'm not sure they were even on the field for 5 minutes of the 4th. It was so bad.

That game brought me back down to again the believing the Vikings are the weakest 8-2 team in the league. Gonna be bounced in the first round of the playoffs for sure.