Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-13-2005, 11:23 PM   #1
imashyboi
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Upcoming Clone Wars Maquette

Just wanted to know what other collectors thought about the amount Gentle Giant is producing regarding the upcoming maquettes. Here are the numbers just released by Gentle Giant:

Grievous (Sept 2005) - 3500
Anakin (Oct. 2005) - 3000
Barriss (Nov. 2005) - 2500

The other previous maquettes has a 2500 limited run but due to popularity Gentle Giant decided to up the product run. Any thouhgts on how the secondary market will react when they are released? I still like Barriss but Grievous and Anakin might drop in prices since they are producing more.

Lets gather up some thoughts here guys!
imashyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 04:59 AM   #2
c3po
Doh!

Re

I think the latest move by GG on their edition sizes is dissapointing and such a joke. It will definitely have adverse repurcussions on their future.

DUMB DUMBs

They should just go out and start mass supplying to TRUs, Walmarts, Kmarts and supermarket shelves! What's the diff?
c3po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 05:57 AM   #3
imashyboi

It's true for the new busts but most of their other statues are still quite limited. 20,000 is definitely alot but compare that to others which only has a few thousands made. As you probably noticed last years maquettes were mostly limited to 2500, except for the Padme and Yoda. The ARC Trooper, Obi Wan, and Asajj are all still selling at relatively good prices, around $115-$140. I'm just curious whether collectors would rather get the Barriss or would they prefer getting Grievous and Anakin instead. Again both upcoming statues will have an increase of 500-1000 pieces but they are the bigger "stars" of the Clone Wars movie, hence the popularity. Barris Offee and the other chic on the other hand is still limited to only 2500 but they don't have a big part in the movie. The interesting thing about her statue though is that it contains two Jedi girls, the stance is obviously more aggressive then Anakin and Grievous, and they're female characters.

I'm curious to hear what most collectors think about this. Would they prefer the more limited release because of the supply and demand effect or would collectors be more interested in the more popular characters. THOUGHTS?
Old 08-14-2005, 11:35 PM   #4
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

it looks as though the maquette line will still thrive with these numbers so there is no worries there. The only worry will be allocations here.
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:09 AM   #5
imashyboi

That's how I am feeling too. I see the statues selling for more than retail value but I don't think it's going to pass the $120 mark, at least not for Anakin or Grievous. The 500-1000 increase on the production will definitely reflect on the secondary prices. Barriss Offee however will surely sell well, I'm looking between $120-$140.