Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-01-2021, 06:07 AM   #231
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I feel for you Peedi. I had four in a row broken or with issues at the end of 2019 beginning of 2020. Psylock, Green Arrow, Harley Quinn and Tinkerbell. All were adequately replaced except Tink which I just got refunded.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:57 PM   #232
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I feel for you Peedi. I had four in a row broken or with issues at the end of 2019 beginning of 2020. Psylock, Green Arrow, Harley Quinn and Tinkerbell. All were adequately replaced except Tink which I just got refunded.
Breaks suck but I gotta say in the end Psylocke worked out extremely well for the two of us lol. When it wouldn’t fit the base I was annoyed but given the final results I’ve never been happier to have a problem with something!

The cool thing is if for whatever reason Sideshow says there’s no replacements for this I can just return the whole thing and reorder it since there’s only 1 edition of this and it’s still in stock.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:19 PM   #233
qz33
Doctor Doom

If you get the same one then you know you are cursed.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:37 AM   #234
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Breaks suck but I gotta say in the end Psylocke worked out extremely well for the two of us lol. When it wouldn’t fit the base I was annoyed but given the final results I’ve never been happier to have a problem with something!

The cool thing is if for whatever reason Sideshow says there’s no replacements for this I can just return the whole thing and reorder it since there’s only 1 edition of this and it’s still in stock.
Yeah, definitely not complaining with how Psylocke worked out, lol.

I start getting nervous though when I have a bunch of stuff in a row with issues that they will flag me. Thankfully after that I’ve had a good run of pieces but you never know when that Sideshow luck will run out.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:49 AM   #235
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Yeah, definitely not complaining with how Psylocke worked out, lol.

I start getting nervous though when I have a bunch of stuff in a row with issues that they will flag me. Thankfully after that I’ve had a good run of pieces but you never know when that Sideshow luck will run out.
Yeah, that’s been in my head, too. Like they have to know about me and I must be the problem customer to them. They’re looking at me like “you keep having problems” and I’m looking at them like “you keep sending problems” lol.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:28 PM   #236
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah, that’s been in my head, too. Like they have to know about me and I must be the problem customer to them. They’re looking at me like “you keep having problems” and I’m looking at them like “you keep sending problems” lol.
I wouldn't sweat it. Your issues never really look like things that happen through "user error".

Will you return him and get a new one like they suggested? It's a beautiful piece.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:18 PM   #237
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I wouldn't sweat it. Your issues never really look like things that happen through "user error".

Will you return him and get a new one like they suggested? It's a beautiful piece.
It is. They said they’d send a new body though so that’s awesome. I figured they would. BUT I just told them about the cape. So we’ll see how that goes. It’s an awesome dynamic statue. I’m guessing people really are letting the fabric cape deter them from this. There’s only 1000 of these, single edition size VS the thousands of Silver Surfers and Gambits, and I doubt SS will do another of him anytime soon. Only changes I’d make are the white in his hair isn’t enough, and his hair is bit trendier than what I’m used to for DS, otherwise SS nailed it.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:07 PM   #238
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:14 PM   #239
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post

They’re replacing the cape now, too, so with the new body and cape I’m good. It’s such a good looking statue. In this case, thanks to sideshow for coming through.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:15 PM   #240
Peedi
The Secret Six

DANIEL RAND that line up is looking good! Whoever they’re going for is about to get Fd up!