Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #51
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
Other than the horror/fantasy element that is striking a cord within, I love that these are fresh ideas, never before seen, and that we, as collectors are unique in that we are getting this first. This has great potential to branch off to other mediums, but this was created solely for us collectors. Not for comic/novel readers, movie goers or video game players, but us statue collectors. That to me is fantastic!
I agree 100% Vallos.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #52
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I also like that they're not pulling any punches with this line either. They must have known that the Red Death would be too much for many, but they went full force with it, and it's incredible; grotesque as it is, I can't look away. Even the topless option on the Siren suggests to me that they're letting their artists work unconstrained. And considering Marvel's 'Disneyfication', it's refreshing.
When the Reaper (we should now call him Demithyle, since there is another Reaper in the fold), I was blown away. Then the Queen showed up and I was simply awestruck. Yet, it was the Red Death, that truly did it for me. I was like, "that's it! That what I was waiting for." Not a zombie (which I like, but no passion for them), but a truly unique horror piece. I committed at that point, all other statue be damned, to invest in this line singularly.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #53
COI

QOTD may not come until the end of the year, and she'll probably be in-stock for a while; the Red Death isn't even scheduled to come out until November. So the good news for all the fence riders like me is there's time to decide. So I think whether or not I get on board will depend heavily on what's shown at SDCC.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #54
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I think we were on the same path. We discussed that before, about how we were really losing interest in this hobby. I am with you Vallos, this is definitely what I have been waiting years for. I had connection with a lot of my current pieces, but after seeing QOTD, Siren etc. it does not pain me to start purging what I have. I will be keeping my Batman-based collectibles, but everything else will most likely go. Batman and the female pieces of this line are my main interests right now.
It is refreshing, isn't it? I am on a really tight budget, but I restructured it as soon as I saw that lineup. I'm on fire with this and it so feels like when I first started collecting. Amazing!
Old 04-04-2014, 11:43 AM   #55
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I agree with the sentiments posted so far, since i saw the pic of them all lined up at mosterpalooza i've lost interest in Marvel and DC.

But i do hope this line sticks to creepy horror rather than just resorting to flat out gore.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #56
Sathis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Red Death is honestly my favorite piece in this line ATM. I'm more into the twisted/disturbing, and he fits that 100%. I'm just started in this hobby, and getting into collecting right when this line seems to be taking off.

I just hope they give some of us a chance who were not around for the original Death's General to maybe make a PF of him with a different pose.
Sathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #57
Vallos
Jubilee

I honestly don't believe they will release him in a premium format as that would change his scale. Judging from the line up photo, he is meant to be bigger than the rest.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #58
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I have a feeling Mark Newman will be hard at work sculpting some of these ladies from the chart.

I know that a Osteomancy is the art of divination through reading bones so i'm assuming the chancellor of osteomancy is gonna have some sort of bone related costume like the queen.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #59
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I am putting a lot of faith in this line. So much, that I am likely going to cancel some other pre-orders and I am selling most of my collection. If a couple more of these go up for pre-order this year I might cancel Wonder Woman and possibly Catwoman, a premium format that I have been waiting forever for.
This line is amazing no doubt....but why are you purging all of your comic based stuff Lady D????
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:52 PM   #60
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
This line is amazing no doubt....but why are you purging all of your comic based stuff Lady D????
It just feels right.
Well, I can't give this line all the credit. I am actually getting more into customizing and resin kits. I also would like to have access to my walk-in closet, lol. I sold two larger pieces and I caught a glimpse of the back wall. Woot! I also don't have a ton of display space. And, I just started looking at pieces and came to realize...it won't hurt to sell them. There is a lot going on in my head.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote