Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #251
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Not feeling the Skrulls. They are not Green enough, and look more like the Stragoi from The Strain, than Skrulls.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:53 AM   #252
Mister H
Gen 13

I’ll wait and hear some word of mouth first and read some reviews first. Hope it’s good.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:40 AM   #253
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I don’t get why they’re saying she’ll be the most powerful hero in the MU, when compared to Thor or Hulk anyway.

I know why. SJW idiocy...pandering to a bunch of people who don't watch their movies or buy their comics.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #254
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Not feeling the Skrulls. They are not Green enough, and look more like the Stragoi from The Strain, than Skrulls.
I may be wrong, but I've heard that the more flat, muted or gray a group of characters are, the easier they are to us as CGI. This is why the alien fodder in both the 1st Avengers movie & the last, were bla-gray. In mass, it's easier to plop 'em out on a computer. The rich-green of comic-Skrulls would be to costly & time consuming to create as crowds.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:32 PM   #255
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
I never thought I was the biggest Skrull fan, but seeing them was the best part of the reveal for this movie for me. Between the Skrull Kill Krew up to Secret Invasion, the possibilities have me really excited about Skrulls in the MCU!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:59 PM   #256
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I may be wrong, but I've heard that the more flat, muted or gray a group of characters are, the easier they are to us as CGI. This is why the alien fodder in both the 1st Avengers movie & the last, were bla-gray. In mass, it's easier to plop 'em out on a computer. The rich-green of comic-Skrulls would be to costly & time consuming to create as crowds.
It doesn't have anything to do with rendering. It doesn't "cost" any more time or money to render any specific color. It's that it is the best way to create convincing CGI that blends in. It's about composition. Realistic lighting and color enable good CGI to go unnoticed. Green on humanoids is especially jarring, which is likely why they chose to tone down that aspect.

When the first Hulk came out, I recall enormous backlash over the 'awful CGI' (among other things). It was mainly his color that was the issue. The anatomy looked great...he just didn't look like he blended into the image.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:05 PM   #257
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post

I know why. SJW idiocy...pandering to a bunch of people who don't watch their movies or buy their comics.
Wow! You are "Johnny One-Note" aren't you? Actually you may be about three more notes and they are equally narrow minded and opinionated.
The T-shirts are from a Nike sneaker ad campaign (see link below)... you know, another capitalist attempt to get (pander to?) someone who might not otherwise buy their products, to do so? I'm guessing this will only give you even more impetus to go burn your Nike sneaks and gear in conjunction with the Kaepernick ad campaign, huh? BTW, online sales for Nike increased I read around 30% since the CK ad debut. Imagine that?

https://bentcorner.com/the-force-is-female/
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #258
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Wow! You are "Johnny One-Note" aren't you? Actually you may be about three more notes and they are equally narrow minded and opinionated.
The T-shirts are from a Nike sneaker ad campaign (see link below)... you know, another capitalist attempt to get (pander to?) someone who might not otherwise buy their products, to do so? I'm guessing this will only give you even more impetus to go burn your Nike sneaks and gear in conjunction with the Kaepernick ad campaign, huh? BTW, online sales for Nike increased I read around 30% since the CK ad debut. Imagine that?

https://bentcorner.com/the-force-is-female/
Oh we are doing the name thing...mmm ok I hereby dub you Dennis "Denies a-lot". And I love the same people who were crying about Nike and their Chinese sweatshops can now stand being Nike's bold new campaign to hop on board the SJW movement. must be tough being so fickle anytime the wind blows slightly you have to anchor yourself to the nearest nailed down object. As far as the future being female..they don't try too hard to make Cap'n Marvel look much like a female with those pads making her shoulders appear broad and more masculine and the hip pads eliminating the natural curves of a woman's hips. Seeing as how they accidentally left a bit of boobage I'm amazed they didn't get the tape and wrap that chest up tighter and do away with her chesticles all together. Now 'scuse me I gotta run...these Nike's aint gonna burn themselves. ( just kidding I'm a Sketchers guy)
Old 09-09-2018, 09:41 PM   #259
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Oh we are doing the name thing...mmm ok I hereby dub you Dennis "Denies a-lot". ... must be tough being so fickle anytime the wind blows slightly you have to anchor yourself to the nearest nailed down object. ..they don't try too hard to make Cap'n Marvel look much like a female with those pads making her shoulders appear broad and more masculine and the hip pads eliminating the natural curves of a woman's hips. Seeing as how they accidentally left a bit of boobage I'm amazed they didn't get the tape and wrap that chest up tighter and do away with her chesticles all together.
Fair enough. But I'm at a crossroads as to whether to "dub" you "Archie Bunker" or "Dino"? The former is obvious, the latter is for Fred Flintstone's pet. The problem with dinosaurs is that when the "climate" changed, they failed to adapt. You know.... grow or evolve? Harbored a few views over the years that have altered due to enlightenment, education, exposure to differing views (even yours) and contemplation (read: thought). Kind of hung up on whatever your "ideal' feminine form may be, aren't ya? No room for "frumpier', "floundering", less-hippy, or smaller "chesticles" types? Guess that eliminates Charlize Theron, Gal Gadot, Mila Jovovich, Cynthia Rothrock and a host of others from contention in "action" flicks? Ever read the "Faith" comic book series? Nevermind. You couldn't hndle so jarring a concept. That said, I'll let "Williams" from "Enter the Dragon" fame handle this one... (irony not lost, BTW)
P.S. You forgot to acknowledge that your propaganda hit piece was misleading factually (the shirts pre-existed and weren't created by the Kennedy "agenda" or the like), even if might have had some merit conceptually... which isn't a bad thing, Arch.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6751&FORM=VIRE
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:54 PM   #260
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Fair enough. But I'm at a crossroads as to whether to "dub" you "Archie Bunker" or "Dino"? The former is obvious, the latter is for Fred Flintstone's pet. The problem with dinosaurs is that when the "climate" changed, they failed to adapt. You know.... grow or evolve? Harbored a few views over the years that have altered due to enlightenment, education, exposure to differing views (even yours) and contemplation (read: thought). Kind of hung up on whatever your "ideal' feminine form may be, aren't ya? No room for "frumpier', "floundering", less-hippy, or smaller "chesticles" types? Guess that eliminates Charlize Theron, Gal Gadot, Mila Jovovich, Cynthia Rothrock and a host of others from contention in "action" flicks? Ever read the "Faith" comic book series? Nevermind. You couldn't hndle so jarring a concept. That said, I'll let "Williams" from "Enter the Dragon" fame handle this one... (irony not lost, BTW)
P.S. You forgot to acknowledge that your propaganda hit piece was misleading factually (the shirts pre-existed and weren't created by the Kennedy "agenda" or the like), even if might have had some merit conceptually... which isn't a bad thing, Arch.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6751&FORM=VIRE
I can't deny the fact I'm set in my ways, I grew up in a different time when being offended was not a national pastime, everyone's face was not glued to a phone or tablet . I also have no problem with the curvier dames, being an artist as I find the Botticelli type attractive, but there's obviously some limit to what I can personally accept. I'm aware of the comic Faith but it's not my thing. I don't mess with people who read it, if they like it more power to them and to the creator.
I look at pics of Kelly Marie Tran and think "damn she's cute" then I look at potato sack Tico and think " what have they done to this poor lady"? The haircut and the outfit....it's almost criminal. There's no shame in making women feminine AND capable. Why can't they be BOTH? SHe should have been allowed to shine instead of being thrown into a glad bag with a sh!t script and sh!ttier hair cut.
You say grow and evolve but I don't see making everyone androgynous caricatures being my idea of evolution. I'm sure the marital/divorce rate, the decline in education and the number of unhappy people using anti-depressants coincide and that may be SOME people's idea of progress but not mine. So go ahead and call me Archie, don't phase me a bit. What worked was working (maybe there was room to improve but not as quickly, dramatically and half assedly) before it was "fixed" by so called progressive know-it alls and cultural marxists. The proof is in the pudding though and the numbers don't lie, just ask Paul (Ghostbusters was more of a "cause" than a remake and fans aren't buying it) Feig
Gal Gadot is gorgeous AND honorable doing things like visiting children's hospital as wonder woman. I thought she'd be a great WW when I saw the initial images and then I saw the movie... she was fantastic...STRONG , CAPABLE AND BEAUTIFUL. Patty Jenkins hit that one out of the park. That's how you make a movie with a lead female character. Point of No Return with Bridget Fonda..still one of my faves featuring a female lead. Long Kiss Good Night another great flick with a bombshell actress in the star role.
I had no idea who Cynthia Rothrock was until I googled her and saw a couple fight scenes she did which were pretty dope. I'd definitely check out some of the films she's in. I always liked Charlize Theron I don't know why you'd think I wouldn't? She has the looks..the personality and the acting chops.