Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 03-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #1911
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I agree on Batrgirl and Ivy. Neither of them has remotely been on a buy list for me. Supergirl and Harley though I really like the looks of them.
To each his reach. I pretty much agree. I want to like Batgirl but the cutesy pose with the magnifying glass and the bat holding the cape up are kind of symbolic of how I see Babs depicted in a lot of statues. In a word... silly. Hughes had her as a ditz fumbling with her batarang, Jones had her doing handstand selfies, the Designer statue had her just looking overly cute and cross legged. Artgerm was one of the few to give her a serious "crime fighting" pose, for the most part. You seldom see the other popular DC females looking ditzy, cute maybe, but not inept or narcissistic. Kara is my fave, so far. Harley isn't bad, I'm just fed up with the character. True Confession: I now have all of the Lau Cover Girl pieces, but Harley was the last one I acquired (in the last year) and only because I got a good price and figured, "what hell", just go ahead and complete the set. I hope we get a fresh Wonder Woman and not a rehash of the Designer Series figure.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:51 PM   #1912
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
To each his reach. I pretty much agree. I want to like Batgirl but the cutesy pose with the magnifying glass and the bat holding the cape up are kind of symbolic of how I see Babs depicted in a lot of statues. In a word... silly. Hughes had her as a ditz fumbling with her batarang, Jones had her doing handstand selfies, the Designer statue had her just looking overly cute and cross legged. Artgerm was one of the few to give her a serious "crime fighting" pose, for the most part. You seldom see the other popular DC females looking ditzy, cute maybe, but not inept or narcissistic. Kara is my fave, so far. Harley isn't bad, I'm just fed up with the character. True Confession: I now have all of the Lau Cover Girl pieces, but Harley was the last one I acquired (in the last year) and only because I got a good price and figured, "what hell", just go ahead and complete the set. I hope we get a fresh Wonder Woman and not a rehash of the Designer Series figure.
Did you get The Lau Harley on eBay recently? Just wondering if you bought mine. LOL

I agree about Batgirl as well. The original art Hughes did of her was so much better than the one they decided to go with.

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 03:08 PM   #1913
Mister H
Gen 13

I don't collect girl statues but just to put my 2 cents in, I like the Batgirl that had her face all covered up with the cowl and in black. If a statue was made of her kicking someone in the throat, I would totally buy that.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:58 PM   #1914
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Did you get The Lau Harley on eBay recently? Just wondering if you bought mine. LOL

I agree about Batgirl as well. The original art Hughes did of her was so much better than the one they decided to go with.
Afraid it wasn't me. LOL I bought mine at my LCS after she had sat on a shelf for what seemed an eternity. Finally marked it down and I bit. Yeah, THAT Hughes rendition is much, much better. The one they did go with seemed more like Betty Boop than Babs Gordon. Then again, the Cho piece reminds me of this...

Old 03-05-2020, 05:16 PM   #1915
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I don't collect girl statues but just to put my 2 cents in, I like the Batgirl that had her face all covered up with the cowl and in black. If a statue was made of her kicking someone in the throat, I would totally buy that.
This one?

Old 03-05-2020, 05:57 PM   #1916
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
This one?

If that's the same one as this picture then yes.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:35 PM   #1917
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
If that's the same one as this picture then yes.
Yup! It's from the Ame-Comi line. It's a bit stylized, as they were wont to do.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:09 PM   #1918
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=161749

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:44 AM   #1919
rykerw1701
Justice League

Quote:

I've never seen that image, thanks for posting. And you're right, it's so much better than that goofy nonsense they made. I love that version of Batgirl, and the Hughes style is fantastic, but the pose was insulting to the character. I never bought it, but would have preordered the above version day 1.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:19 AM   #1920
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
I've never seen that image, thanks for posting. And you're right, it's so much better than that goofy nonsense they made. I love that version of Batgirl, and the Hughes style is fantastic, but the pose was insulting to the character. I never bought it, but would have preordered the above version day 1.
It's funny. They actually used a colorized version of it in the Adam Hughes DC Poker set. They didn't use the artwork that the statue was based on....they knew it was a mistake. LOL

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote