Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-30-2018, 08:51 AM   #881
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I should've clarified that I meant new Rebirth characters. Jessica Cruz was introduced before Rebirth launched in 2016, though it would be nice to get a statue of her w/o breakage problems associated with the Bombshells ring construct or lantern.
I'd vote Viking Judge, if she lasted longer than three issues just because I love her design.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:22 AM   #882
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'd vote Viking Judge, if she lasted longer than three issues just because I love her design.
Artemis first if we're taking about axe wielders.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:20 AM   #883
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Artemis first if we're taking about axe wielders.
I'd love Artemis!
Old 12-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #884
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thumbs down Shrugs

Quote:
I assume that Vertigo Death will be the final statue, though I'm not familiar enough with the Sandman Universe to know if she's appeared in new comics recently.

Power Girl is gonna be a sore spot with some fans. Apparently the Power Girl most people associate with that name has been missing for a bit of time, and there's a Power Girl II who appears in Deathstroke's series.
I wonder if it could be possible to make up entirely new characters without adopting the names of previous ones. Some people won't even give her a shot because her name is Power Girl. It worked for Ms. Marvel because Carol Dnvers didn't actually go anywhere. She just rebranded herself. If we can have more than one robin then we should be able to handle two supergirls. Both Kara's had distinct personalities. This girl is cute though.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:10 PM   #885
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Frost View Post
I wonder if it could be possible to make up entirely new characters without adopting the names of previous ones. Some people won't even give her a shot because her name is Power Girl. It worked for Ms. Marvel because Carol Dnvers didn't actually go anywhere. She just rebranded herself. If we can have more than one robin then we should be able to handle two supergirls. Both Kara's had distinct personalities. This girl is cute though.
It is possible, it is the harder path, but one that tends to endure should it succeed. The main issue was DC wanted to replace Power Girl without their new version having any internal logical consistency or it feeling earned. It took Power Girl decades and all sorts of odd turns along the way before she found her place for us fans. Then they tore her away.

You cannot sell a product based so much on emotion to a character and expect people to transfer that connection simply to another character. It is not how people work. All I want is my Kara back, hopefully with the rest of the JSA who have been absent for so many years...
Old 12-30-2018, 04:17 PM   #886
Gothamite
Phoenix

What's even more confusing is that they made her look like Bumblebee, not just in terms of race/ethnicity but the hairstyle, too.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:23 PM   #887
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I agree with Augen. Maybe thats why I’ve never even heard of Tanya Spears Powergirl. But the character design is nice and would have been better as a new name.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:52 PM   #888
Hunter Frost

Smile Dit & To

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
It is possible, it is the harder path, but one that tends to endure should it succeed. The main issue was DC wanted to replace Power Girl without their new version having any internal logical consistency or it feeling earned. It took Power Girl decades and all sorts of odd turns along the way before she found her place for us fans. Then they tore her away.

You cannot sell a product based so much on emotion to a character and expect people to transfer that connection simply to another character. It is not how people work. All I want is my Kara back, hopefully with the rest of the JSA who have been absent for so many years...
I liked Kara Zor-L. She made more sense to me than Helena Wayne and that's perhaps because when I started reading comics I fell for the Bertinelli Huntress. I remember reading some of her dialogue, and I can't remember who she was talking to but, she was saying how it took so long for people to accept her including Clark.
Old 12-30-2018, 05:54 PM   #889
Hunter Frost

Smile Orly?

Quote:
What's even more confusing is that they made her look like Bumblebee, not just in terms of race/ethnicity but the hairstyle, too.
No one will ever notice.

Old 12-30-2018, 05:55 PM   #890
Hunter Frost

Thumbs up Si.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
I agree with Augen. Maybe thats why I’ve never even heard of Tanya Spears Powergirl. But the character design is nice and would have been better as a new name.
Yes.