Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-19-2019, 01:11 AM   #221
TheLostLogan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Koto is stylize version also what your point you want to tell? If Prime1 version bother you that much than you can pass on it lets other who love it including myself to apprieciate what Prime1 has done. Peace.
TheLostLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:22 AM   #222
ukshaun
Hercules

Looking Alien's upper front teeth, they appear to curve/arc more than they should.

They should do two portraits:
1. Mouth open with second set of teeth protruding out.
2. Mouth closed with teeth more closed than they are in the image above.

I'd assume Alien's upper teeth are attached to it's skull. Prime 1's upper front teeth don't make sense.

ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:35 AM   #223
ukshaun
Hercules

I just spotted, the museum pose has a closed mouth. The upper front teeth look better.

Maybe the open mouth as an after-thought?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:37 AM   #224
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Looking Alien's upper front teeth, they appear to curve/arc more than they should.

I'd assume Alien's upper teeth are attached to it's skull. Prime 1's upper front teeth don't make sense.

Teeth are spot on, I just don't see anything to complain.

The Cinemaquette Collectibles Statue You show here, done by the great Paul Komoda in assistance to H.R. Giger himself is a grail in my opinion and it is even on display at the Giger Museum. Still, and that is the fun part, it is highly stylised, more so as the Prime1 ever went. Just as a side note to all the "fans" who rant about the artistic alterations, where ever they are

So, to show that one here as comparison piece is off the rail.

Actually, by Your means, the CoolProps full size head is wrong as well, as the teeth match of both products.

It might just be right now the case, that Prime should have showed the open and closed mouth version in the action pose, so to avoid some unnecessary controversy for some.

And as are already talk about teeth, I gather from these few pictures of the Prime Chap, as well goes for their Warrior, that the teeth look far better then the Dog Alien. It looks like the teeth are all separate, like in real life, compared to a single cast piece as the Dog Alien teeth.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:10 PM   #225
TheLostLogan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

As much as I and I’m sure others appreciate seeing so many people being passionate about making sure this alien looks 100% screen accurate; you need to understand that P1 has already gone on record saying they are not changing anything about this design choice and they shouldn’t. It looks incredible as is and has the perfect blend between the original man in a suit concept and a living creature. This will definitely be a preorder for me.
TheLostLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:18 PM   #226
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwholaughs View Post
Teeth are spot on, I just don't see anything to complain.

The Cinemaquette Collectibles Statue You show here, done by the great Paul Komoda in assistance to H.R. Giger himself is a grail in my opinion and it is even on display at the Giger Museum. Still, and that is the fun part, it is highly stylised, more so as the Prime1 ever went. Just as a side note to all the "fans" who rant about the artistic alterations, where ever they are

So, to show that one here as comparison piece is off the rail.

Actually, by Your means, the CoolProps full size head is wrong as well, as the teeth match of both products.

It might just be right now the case, that Prime should have showed the open and closed mouth version in the action pose, so to avoid some unnecessary controversy for some.

And as are already talk about teeth, I gather from these few pictures of the Prime Chap, as well goes for their Warrior, that the teeth look far better then the Dog Alien. It looks like the teeth are all separate, like in real life, compared to a single cast piece as the Dog Alien teeth.
Just the front four on mainly the upper and some on the lower are together.(dog Alien) All the rest are actually separate teeth.Could they have done it better yes,but their hardly noticeable..and really the only flaw i can find with this piece and that's saying a lot..This piece is overall made better then most alien pieces to date...And i own a lot of them.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #227
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Does anyone have any idea how tall this piece might be? I'd love to pair it with the Jungle Hunter and hoping they look reasonable next to each other.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:39 AM   #228
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Does anyone have any idea how tall this piece might be? I'd love to pair it with the Jungle Hunter and hoping they look reasonable next to each other.
+1
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #229
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

What are you talking about ? Prime1 teeth are perfectly correct. You are still showing same damn angle photo to prove your point which you dont take account camera distortion. I saw it in person you don't. End of story.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #230
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I wonder if this is how they'd look together.

GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote