Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #231
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
What are you talking about ? Prime1 teeth are perfectly correct. You are still showing same damn angle photo to prove your point which you dont take account camera distortion. I saw it in person you don't. End of story.
Yep, as I said many times already. I for myself haven´t seen them in person and can only judge from the few pictures from the show and still think they are great.

Some people here are just ignorant and cannot distinct between the distorted phone cam pictures and hopefully soon revealed proper studio shots. I do hope that Prime will provide soon better info or details, as then a decent and fact related discussion can start.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:04 PM   #232
Python
Omega Red

The teeth look good to me, on the museum pose at least, harder to gauge on the other one with current pictures.

It's other areas that could do with refining, but Prime 1 seem to be intent on their Aliens being artistic representations so I doubt anything will change. At least it looks good, if not as accurate as the competition.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:31 PM   #233
Python
Omega Red

Added the CP version just as a comparison. As much as I wish that Prime 1 had nailed the details more accurately (on all of their movie related Aliens) It is great that we have so many high end options now. And any of these statues will no doubt make for impressive centerpieces.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:51 PM   #234
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
What are you talking about ? Prime1 teeth are perfectly correct. You are still showing same damn angle photo to prove your point which you dont take account camera distortion. I saw it in person you don't. End of story.
It might be the angle the photo was taken at. I can't detect any signs of camera distortion.
The mouth closed portrait works better.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:33 AM   #235
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
It might be the angle the photo was taken at. I can't detect any signs of camera distortion.
The mouth closed portrait works better.
You know that they use same model as musuem pose and pose it. They are exactly same model both of them exactly same details.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:14 AM   #236
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
You know that they use same model as musuem pose and pose it. They are exactly same model both of them exactly same details.
The open-mouthed sculpt isn't the closed-mouth sculpt with the mouth simply "posed" open. You'd have to clean up and resculpt some areas for it to look correct in different poses, namely the cheek tendons.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:57 AM   #237
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
The open-mouthed sculpt isn't the closed-mouth sculpt with the mouth simply "posed" open. You'd have to clean up and resculpt some areas for it to look correct in different poses, namely the cheek tendons.
yes you need adjust the cheek area. We are talking about Teeth when you pose nothing will affect because is solid piece.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:58 AM   #238
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

One thing this discussion, as far as it can be called such one, is lacking in huge amount, is simple facts or proof of the claimed inaccuracies.

So, anyone who is super annoyed, because they think this statue is inaccurate here and there, just make a bit effort and put Your finger on it. It seems, I am either blind or ignorant, so help me out.

So spoken, I for myself would call me a pretty decent fanboy of H.R. Gigers work and especially his Alien and the whole franchise. I do own quite allot of collectables and memorabilia, starting with the the Kenner Alien 1979 (yes, I guess we are all no more that young), the action figures almost to completion, all the wonderful Halcyon model kits (I still consider them amazing for Styrene Injection Molded parts), to the Japanese all time famous Takeya sculpts.

Now we as collectors have the unbelievable blessing of choice, as the process or creating such products has changed by the aid of digital tools for the artists, by new manufacturing processes, like 3D printing technology, maybe even by better materials (some can lecture me here if I am wrong) and new trade and infrastructures.

So, I call myself lucky to have this amount of choice right now. Might it be CoolProps, Mamegyorai´s, ArfFX, Neca (yes, some fans can´t afford better, bless them) and/or Prime1. Dealers choice.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:14 AM   #239
Python
Omega Red

Nobody is "super annoyed". Discussions about sculpt accuracies are just something that will occur on forums like this. occasionally somebody will come along and tell everybody not to do it, to like it or move on and that always goes down well and is 100% acted upon (super sarcasm) I find it interesting personally. If I love a statue and somebody has a different view, it doesn't really alter my opinion at all so long as they convey it in a constructive manner. Luckily most members here do so. And I don't think anybody has said this is bad at all. You're new here, you should have seen some of the old Sideshow Predator threads, this discussion is completely civilised in comparison. Stop taking such discussions personally and post your evidence as a counter argument if you wish, this is how it works and this is what keeps these discussions alive and interesting. Look up a few posts and you'll see the comparison image I posted. Start with the head, move down to the shape of the shoulders and keep on going. You'll see plenty of "artistic license" on this one. It isn't even in question that Prime 1's BC isn't as accurate as the other two, I'd rather it was as I like such things. But that doesn't mean it isn't a great statue. And one I'll probably buy. But I will enjoy discussing it for a while first, both it's pros and cons and I look forward to hearing the input of other members also....
Old 10-21-2019, 12:33 PM   #240
ukshaun
Hercules

I'm not super annoyed.
The Prime 1 piece has brought to my attention just how curved Aliens upper front teeth are. All these years of catching glimpses of the monster in the movie, and it's taken until now to be educated on the matter.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote