Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 02-21-2020, 07:45 AM   #11
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Iron Studios probably are wishing they didn't have to release this. I know there are a lot of Harley collectors out there but the movie is not receiving rave reviews.
OK well unless the person sees the movie they don't know. The movie was really good and it's getting bad reviews for the wrong reason. With that being said....I loved the movie but I hated Harley's outfits in this movie with a passion. So this is a pass for me.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:22 AM   #12
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
OK well unless the person sees the movie they don't know. The movie was really good and it's getting bad reviews for the wrong reason.
Care to elaborate? I haven't been following the film at all, aside from trailers, but I'm interested to see it once it hits Blu-ray/digital.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:44 AM   #13
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Care to elaborate? I haven't been following the film at all, aside from trailers, but I'm interested to see it once it hits Blu-ray/digital.
It's just a good movie and most people that see it like it. The action scenes are very well done and the fighting is great. Like I said before, some of the characters remained out of the spotlight or not shown how tough they were (Huntress for example). The reason it's getting bad reviews is because people think it's a girl power thing. Well it very well can be girl power and not hating on men at the same time. Girl power is lots of things...Wonder Woman & Captain Marvel kicked ass at the movies and that was girl power and Black Widow will do the same.

I will admit it's not my favorite Superhero movie but I liked it way better than Joker, Shazam, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange. Of course I may be a little biased because Harley is one of my favs . Point is people need to give it a chance to see it's not what they are perceiving it to be. The outfits were horrible though lol.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:17 PM   #14
tarim69
Sailor Moon

I'm surprised how bad that portrait is and that IS is letting that slide.
Their Suicide Squad statue was dead on, especially for a 1:10 piece with a very expressive face
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190923_150401.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	128767  
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:54 AM   #15
M United
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Iron Studios probably are wishing they didn't have to release this. I know there are a lot of Harley collectors out there but the movie is not receiving rave reviews.
The reviews are mostly good for this movie it's even certified fresh it's just performing badly at the box office.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:14 AM   #16
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
The reviews are mostly good for this movie it's even certified fresh it's just performing badly at the box office.
Mostly good doesn't mean great either.

It's pretty much how I felt about the movie. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't great either.

And when looking at Rotten Tomatoes, I never stop at just the percentage. I look at the average score, and this was certainly borderline okay. Essentially you can have a movie that everyone scores 6.5 get a 100% on that site.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:56 AM   #17
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
She looks like Gilda Radner.
Most definitely. Statue looks nice but the likeness in my eyes is off and in a pretty big way.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:34 AM   #18
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

So this has been out for a little while now. Anyone have this and have an opinion of it in person? Iron Studios posted the below unboxing video a few months ago, and idk it just looks off. Harley's face. Even Bruce's face, just look odd. Cool concept just not carried out that great imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPUgbAVZsj8
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:49 AM   #19
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
So this has been out for a little while now. Anyone have this and have an opinion of it in person? Iron Studios posted the below unboxing video a few months ago, and idk it just looks off. Harley's face. Even Bruce's face, just look odd. Cool concept just not carried out that great imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPUgbAVZsj8
I never thought much of this piece from the beginning. The Harley likeness was absent.
Watching that video really hits home just how tiny the piece is. Should i say how tiny the three pieces are.
If you like tiny and don't mind spending some cash on a Harley portrait repaint, then it's ideal
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote