Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #11
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I like these, but Iron Studios needs to deliver their preorders. Both the Emma Frost and Psylocke have been constantly delayed.
Emma is frustrating for sure, but Psylocke I'm not sure why you would expect that anytime soon? It is part of Sentinel 3 which is not due out until early next year. Yes they released Iceman recently which is odd, but I don't think we will see any other Sentinel 3 pieces released individually until the end of the year. Maybe November.

As far as these Wandavision pieces, I love the piece of her floating on the hex effects. The other 2 Halloween costume pieces, eh I don't care for.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:00 PM   #12
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
As far as these Wandavision pieces, I love the piece of her floating on the hex effects. The other 2 Halloween costume pieces, eh I don't care for.
Loved the show and wouldn't mind picking up a 1/10 like the Darkhold one.
The thing I don't like about it is the same thing I'm not crazy about with the comic version they put up a couple months ago- all that clear, shiny, cheap plastic-looking, red resin.

Just like with the comic version, if I did get this I'd want to find some way to customize that element- either repainting it or maybe utilizing a UV LED- or both.

I wish I liked the Halloween pieces. Vision I could accept as is, but I think it would have been better to portray both of them, and especially Wanda, as smiling and happy in those costumes.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 05:17 PM   #13
Shoo
Hercules

Vision - Combat Version

White Vision - Combat Version

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 05:28 PM   #14
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Thanks for not creating a new thread Shoo! Lol.

As far as the pieces, I like regular vision sort of. His face isn’t as bad as the white vision.

Idk prolly will pass on these.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 05:34 PM   #15
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Thanks for not creating a new thread Shoo! Lol.

These are all such 'niche' releases, that we really ought to group them together as much as we can. : )
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 06:02 PM   #16
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I haven’t liked any of these Vision pieces they’ve just shown off.

To me the faces just seem too blocky….. or rather the details aren’t fine enough?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 03:32 AM   #17
pdenham
Teen Titans

I've come around to liking the 1/4 Vision quite bit now.
The price makes it a non-starter for me, but I have no big sculpt anymore, going by the new higher res photos compared to the old screen grabs.

If anything, I think the likeness on 1/10 is even better, and I really dig the subtle posing on this with the slight twist at the waist.
I would love to have a Vision and this would be ideal because I could pair it up with the 1/10 Wanda which I also like more than the 1/4.

The only thing is, these are each just shy of the cost of the Hot Toys figures, while quite a bit smaller, with likenesses that are about on-par with those.
As much as I like the look of this, it doesn't seem to make much sense get both, or to pass on the HT figs to pick these up.
Old 10-31-2021, 03:37 AM   #18
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I've come around to liking the 1/4 Vision quite bit now.
The price makes it a non-starter for me, but I have no big sculpt anymore, going by the new higher res photos compared to the old screen grabs.

If anything, I think the likeness on 1/10 is even better, and I really dig the subtle posing on this with the slight twist at the waist.
I would love to have a Vision and this would be ideal because I could pair it up with the 1/10 Wanda which I also like more than the 1/4.

The only thing is, these are each just shy of the cost of the Hot Toys figures, while quite a bit smaller, with likenesses that are about on-par with those.
As much as I like the look of this, it doesn't seem to make much sense get both, or to pass on the HT figs to pick these up.
Buy whatever you’re happy with.

I’ll be getting all three Wanda’s. That being the 1/10 & 1/4 scales from Iron Studios. As well as the 1/6 from Hot Toys.

But I’ll only be getting the 1/6 for Vision. Not so much because I like it all that much, but to replace my AOU version. And it’s pretty much identical to that one, but I left my original posed for two long and the material adhered to each other in the posed state which has caused problems. I’ve obviously decided to pass on the statues as I personally dislike the headsculpts.
Old 10-31-2021, 04:25 AM   #19
pdenham
Teen Titans

I was just speaking for myself.

I'm constrained by space and cash, so doubling and tripling up on the same characters seems like a poor budgeting of resources.

We'll see. If I can unload some other stuff over the next several months, it would make everything a lot easier.
Old 10-31-2021, 04:55 AM   #20
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I was just speaking for myself.

I'm constrained by space and cash, so doubling and tripling up on the same characters seems like a poor budgeting of resources.

We'll see. If I can unload some other stuff over the next several months, it would make everything a lot easier.
I don’t disagree. I wish I had more self control.

I should be joining a collectors anonymous group.

(As I’ve gone way way beyond tripling up on some characters).