Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-29-2021, 09:20 PM   #1161
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

If you buy a small file set and gently file down inside a peg hole side, it will slip in. I had to do that once on one of my statues.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:39 PM   #1162
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Very nice looking pictures. The colors and outfit look best with the Alpha version based off of what I've seen
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 03:27 AM   #1163
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
If you buy a small file set and gently file down inside a peg hole side, it will slip in. I had to do that once on one of my statues.
I think it's better to file the peg itself instead of the hole; the top of the peg is just too wide. Gonna wait for SS's reply on my request to replace it, especially since there is now a crack running through the peg.

The pics were taken in the night (had to work all day so only had the time to unpack her at night) so they are not the best and do not really capture the details. But I do think the paint is still flat (like most PCS pieces), escpecially on the face; on the proto you could see freckles but on the production piece it's just flat paint (although with some shading).
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:04 AM   #1164
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Congrats man, this could have been a easy fix. I've had multiple pieces arrive with similar issues. It's usually a case of excess paint or resin around the peg. Just grab some fine/medium grit sandpaper and go around the peg until you achieve the desired fitment. Be careful not to remove too much, it's better to have somewhat of a snug fit.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:35 AM   #1165
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
Congrats man, this could have been a easy fix. I've had multiple pieces arrive with similar issues. It's usually a case of excess paint or resin around the peg. Just grab some fine/medium grit sandpaper and go around the peg until you achieve the desired fitment. Be careful not to remove too much, it's better to have somewhat of a snug fit.
i will have to check this out on how it is done. i have statue where both foot have the pegs and the issue is that the hole on the base are close to each other. i have to compress the legs to insert it but it gets stuck half way because it is too tight.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:50 PM   #1166
ivory7777

so i just received the classic version. While everything was fine, i noticed her right shoulder was kinda lose. it is only noticeably when i gently tilt her arm, it was shaking. not sure it is suppose to be like this or they didn't glue it properly. current it is not an issue, but hopefully in a long run, it doesn't get too lose or fall off. does anyone else has a similar issue?
Old 05-03-2021, 07:49 AM   #1167
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
so i just received the classic version. While everything was fine, i noticed her right shoulder was kinda lose. it is only noticeably when i gently tilt her arm, it was shaking. not sure it is suppose to be like this or they didn't glue it properly. current it is not an issue, but hopefully in a long run, it doesn't get too lose or fall off. does anyone else has a similar issue?
My Killer Bee came with a broken right shoulder. The only thing keeping it in place was her outfit. SS did send me a replacement body. They didn't ask for the original back. Since Killer Bee's leotard has the circular opening in its back, I was able to get in and super glue it thru that. Couldn't really see how well I applied the glue but it seemed to hold. So I have a spare KB body just in case I need it. The Classic body has her shoulders fully exposed and there's no seam there so I'm not sure I understand what's able to wobble.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:41 AM   #1168
ivory7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
My Killer Bee came with a broken right shoulder. The only thing keeping it in place was her outfit. SS did send me a replacement body. They didn't ask for the original back. Since Killer Bee's leotard has the circular opening in its back, I was able to get in and super glue it thru that. Couldn't really see how well I applied the glue but it seemed to hold. So I have a spare KB body just in case I need it. The Classic body has her shoulders fully exposed and there's no seam there so I'm not sure I understand what's able to wobble.
so there is a separation from her right shoulder to her chest. and same goes for her left side. it is hard to see because of the top she has, so the best picture i can take is where you can see the seam via her shirt. when i touch her right shoulder, her entire right side wobbles. and that is what i was wondering whether it is suppose to be like that or did mine came with weak glue or something. in the picture below, you will see a line going through between her neck and right shoulder. how was your cammys shoulder, was it completely detached from her body and only kept together by her top?

well i sent message to sideshow and asked them if her arm suppose to be lose or tightly fit to her body. and how it is connected whether by a glue or magnet. if it is magnet, than i can understand it being wobbly. but if it is a glue, it might be a weak glue and hoping it doesn't fall off over time. but it is also kinda hard to tell if her dress helping it holding it togather.

beside that the statue looks amazing. although i am very surprised how tan she is in person. was cammy even suppose to be tan. and her bloodshot eye kinda looks scary. over all i like the statue and thinking of ordering the other two variants. sadly decapre doesn't come with the glowing eyes unless i buy the whole set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210502_205249a.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	139078  
Old 05-03-2021, 12:42 PM   #1169
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Does the Alpha version also have the bloodshot eyes?
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:49 PM   #1170
ukshaun
Hercules

Back of my Cammy Classic looks like:

LOADING: Image(s)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote