Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-02-2021, 10:28 PM   #551
Peedi
The Secret Six

I also think of reselling this way.

If I get less than retail for a statue I no longer want, I consider the difference between what I paid and what I got back the cost of enjoying the statue for however long I had it.

We pay for restaurants, TVs, cell phones, movies, cars, streaming services, clothes, shoes, trips, all types of things and experiences that in most normal cases won’t give us more money back than we spent. Yeah collectibles may be different because of rarity/exclusivity/cost of entry compared to demand, but at the end of the day it’s all about pleasure and enjoyment. If I bought it for $500 and after 3 years sell it for $400, in the end it cost me $100 to enjoy it for 3 years.

Just my view.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:30 PM   #552
gearhead
The Herculoids

Totally agree.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:16 PM   #553
pau123
Sailor Moon

U nailed it Peedi.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:28 PM   #554
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

If I get less than retail for a statue I no longer want, I consider the difference between what I paid and what I got back the cost of enjoying the statue for however long I had it.

We pay for restaurants, TVs, cell phones, movies, cars, streaming services, clothes, shoes, trips, all types of things and experiences that in most normal cases won’t give us more money back than we spent. Yeah collectibles may be different because of rarity/exclusivity/cost of entry compared to demand, but at the end of the day it’s all about pleasure and enjoyment. If I bought it for $500 and after 3 years sell it for $400, in the end it cost me $100 to enjoy it for 3 years.

Just my view.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:45 PM   #555
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:

Just my view.
I agree too PEETS!

now whatcha selling
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:02 AM   #556
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:

Just my view.
I think that way too. I like to watch my pieces every day and "that" is exactly what I buy. When you go that way concepts like "collector" "collection" or each individual piece have less importance.
I will always be happy watching a bunch of statues at home. If one breaks I will buy another one; If I sell or gift one there will be space for more. If there is something new I love and I don't have room for it I will get rid of one of my old pieces (already enjoyed) and get the new one.

And I keep my boxes while I can but I will have my house next year and I am planning to through away a few of them. I don't care about resale. If I pay $1000 and I enjoy a statue for 3 years, it is okay for me. I can sell for $500 and feel happy about it.

It is a healthy way to live this hobby. I am not a collector, I simply enjoy having some statues in my life and taking a coffee surrounded by them.
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:08 PM   #557
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsroy View Post
I think that way too. I like to watch my pieces every day and "that" is exactly what I buy. When you go that way concepts like "collector" "collection" or each individual piece have less importance.
I will always be happy watching a bunch of statues at home. If one breaks I will buy another one; If I sell or gift one there will be space for more. If there is something new I love and I don't have room for it I will get rid of one of my old pieces (already enjoyed) and get the new one.

And I keep my boxes while I can but I will have my house next year and I am planning to through away a few of them. I don't care about resale. If I pay $1000 and I enjoy a statue for 3 years, it is okay for me. I can sell for $500 and feel happy about it.

It is a healthy way to live this hobby. I am not a collector, I simply enjoy having some statues in my life and taking a coffee surrounded by them.
Definitely. It's a hobby. Should bring us joy.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 07:55 PM   #558
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Sideshow has got the 360 showing for this guy. Won't be long now. Beautiful sculpt.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 08:47 PM   #559
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:

Just my view.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 09:13 AM   #560
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Sideshow has got the 360 showing for this guy. Won't be long now. Beautiful sculpt.
Where at? I just saw the regular pictures on the product page and didn't see a blog.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote