Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2020, 08:31 PM   #101
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I grew up with the cartoon and read the comics the show is based on. Her proper outfit is not white.

I will never understand why Storm’s suit color is just automatically assumed (by some) that white is right. It’s not. It’s not like Sideshow made all Batman characters in their BTAS or Supes and Wonder Woman animated Justice League looks. No. They went with their comic designs and made a separate animated series line. Why should that be any different for the XMen line? Comic accurate please.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:35 PM   #102
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Because the "experts," only know the cartoon, not the comic books it was derived from.

The other thing that frustrates me is with a sculpted cape at least one could get the piece repainted. You can't do that with a fabric cape unless you know how to both sew and craft one to attach to the body.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 09:33 PM   #103
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

STORM (Jim Lee Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMorden View Post
It's a potential buy from me on this one depending on how the final version looks. Fabric cape is a no-go for me, and no black costume. I grew up on 90's X-Men Animated Series - to me Storm's proper outfit is the white one.
White is the only outfit that makes sense to me. It's obvious that white is the most popular due to the sales most private sculptors and statue companies are enjoying.👍

Sales is the reason why most are producing this version. Sideshow knows what they're doing.👌
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STORM_DSC_39a-8117cc1287c4.png
Views:	29
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	135595   Click image for larger version

Name:	storm_DSC_by_rcbrock_d9py15b-fullview.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	135596  
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 09:42 PM   #104
French Cancan
Deadman

I'd be worried if I was an absolute Storm lover. Her legs and feet seem hidden, even stucked in something not really identifiable right now.

My favorite costume is still the original one.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:14 PM   #105
Demona
Martian Manhunter

If her legs are hidden, I’m not paying $550 for a glorified bust. It’s gotta be the image angle. Or so I hope.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:20 PM   #106
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I grew up with the cartoon and read the comics the show is based on. Her proper outfit is not white.

I will never understand why Storm’s suit color is just automatically assumed (by some) that white is right. It’s not. It’s not like Sideshow made all Batman characters in their BTAS or Supes and Wonder Woman animated Justice League looks. No. They went with their comic designs and made a separate animated series line. Why should that be any different for the XMen line? Comic accurate please.
If anyone owns the XM Mystique, they did some weird magic where the white clothing has silver in it. That would be cool for Storm's suit. It would please both white and silver fans to some degree.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:21 PM   #107
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sculpted Cape or Not.. Silver, White or Black color suit... She'll be an instant buy for me..

my only concern is this...

that black shaded color on the lower left of the photo which makes me think her base might be "she is coming out of a cloud or something." I hope I am wrong because I want a full statue of storm..
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:32 PM   #108
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
If anyone owns the XM Mystique, they did some weird magic where the white clothing has silver in it. That would be cool for Storm's suit. It would please both white and silver fans to some degree.
Yep. I really liked that color used for that piece. I don’t own it, but I have seen plenty of pics. However, I wish they would go a touch darker and use the colors used on Moon Knight. That would the perfect color for Storm.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:38 PM   #109
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Batman and the others are different because they are (typically) solo characters and are on a whole different tier for popularity. The costume changes are also way more numerous yet relatively minor until you get into Elseworlds.

White costume storm not only appeared in the animated show, but also in the best selling comic of all time. It's not the costume, but it is an obvious one. Especially when Jean, Cyclops, Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, etc are all in their costumes from the same era.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:14 PM   #110
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

In come the folks to tell you some of the characters costumes aren’t based exactly on the Lee versions, which is true. SS took some liberties with characters like Colossus.

But I think based on the silhouette its some sort of Lee version. And while I would like a white costume, I think silver works as well.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote