Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-15-2022, 10:05 AM   #521
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

My package has finally arrived gonna give you a definitive unbiased review since this is my first P1 item I am neither a P1 fanboy or hater.
@Y3E
@marker2037
@Silas Loki
I know you guys were dying to see my review

Box and shipping,

My fedex delivery driver dropped the package from a standing position so I grabbed all the other 3 boxes from his truck since he was too dumb to use a cart (which he had in his truck)
I checked the box for any damage but only has 1 corner damaged (courtesy of delivery man), statue was unharmed.
The statue itself is bigger than I thought, I really like the size of this statue my first 1/3 and from now on I will only get 1/3 scale.

Cape:
the fabric has a very nice silk like texture very nice bright colors, the stars however are poor because they fall off very easily.
An extra Wired cape would have been nice so we could play around with displaying it.

Face:
Took me a while to see what the issue is why she looks off, her forehead is protuding too much.
From the view above and side view its very noticable.
Some serious Redness in the middle of her forehead shaped like half a circle Idk what they were trying to do.
Looks what happens when you press something against your forehead and leave a reddish mark.

Eyes:
my came in cross eyed even from a distance it is noticable, from up close it is even worse, contacted SIdeshow and P1 about this...unacceptable!
the eyes on my piece are glossy they have that nice sparkle with just the littlest of light.

Eyelashes:
Very nice shading the makeup the eye lashes very well done, don't see any glue marks either.
Impressive how they did this, the upper Eyelashes are made of fabric, the lower part is painted on.

Teeth:
I mean they are so small it doesnt bother me that the front teeth have a red line between them.
I never seen a red line between teeth before, but like I said they are so small i dont look it at is that much.

Lips:
very nice glossy beautifull paint job on the lips very impressive! Corners of her mouth equally as perfect.
Very reminiscent of Lynda in 'Bobby joe and the outlaw' and her photoshoots for Maybelinne which I have (1 of my prized Carter photobooks)

Ears:
decent paintjob seems very basic on that area, probably a hard to reach area, but still very decent.
Earstuds are also nice and glossy red.

Hair:
hair is nicely done I like how you can seem many strands and some hair is curling outward.
Don't know what the hair is made of but some parts you can slightly move which is very cool, it came with a type of safety foame between her head and back you can wiggle slowly to remove.
From the back you can see the volume of the hair also very nice.
1 small complaint is the right side sideburn it's like something I have, the one on the left is what Lynda carter has.

Skin:
Nicely done overall, her legs have a more greyish color compared to her torso.
reason why is because in the show she wore those greyish ''Stockings'' yes they were called stockings in her time (I am not old I am just obsessed with that era)

Boots:
very nice, love the texture done on it, love the almost bone white on the boots used alot in the 70's and the red has a very nice color and the paint on the folds of the booth very realistic.
Zipper on it also very nice, you can see the nice metallic shine on the silver.

Costume:
Very nice, love the gold eagle on it VERY similar to the actual thing, I own part of the Eagle wings worn by lynda carter I got from propstore.com and P1 did a great job.
In real life the wings have actual golf leaf on it so its very shiny, the gold used on the costume is more matte.
Love the blue on the shorts and the creases, the effect is very realistic.

Lasso:
Her Lasso is also very nice again the texture they did one it is amazing, it is not polystone its almost rubbery so nice little addition by them.

Bracelets and Crown:
crown is nice but the bracelets are very matte effect, in the tv series it was VERY shiny.
HOWEVER it can be solved with some bright white lighting Love Love the red star and red jewel on it very shiny.

Base:
The logo she stands upon is very nice not a single thing I can complain about, just perfect.
Comes with a black WW eagle logo you can put on the back.
I wish that black WW EAGLY would be painted, would have been MUCH better if it was painted.

I had high hopes for this one since I am a huge Carter fan I collect all of her stuff no matter the cost
I am glad I received it because I learned some valuable lessons:

-I am now a 1/3 scale only collector, and life size busts.
No more 1/4 for me

-Will wait for some in-hand images before purchasing.

-And lastly that I can use Lighting to make it look better, even though the statue should come as a 100% likeness to the prototype (JND for example does a perfect job with that)
I will buy some nice bright lights so the gold will have that shiny effect.

Overall I would rate this statue a 7/10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221115_113436.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	155633   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221115_112838.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	155634   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221115_113255.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	155635   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221115_113141.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	155636   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221115_112957.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	155637  

Name:	20221115_113354.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	155638   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221115_113555.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	155639   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221115_114916.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	155640   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221115_115002.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	155641   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221115_113226.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	155642  

Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 10:51 AM   #522
TooMacabre
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I got my shipping invoice from Prime 1 yesterday. For economy it cost me $71.80 to the US.
TooMacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 07:29 PM   #523
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
My package has finally arrived gonna give you a definitive unbiased review since this is my first P1 item I am neither a P1 fanboy or hater.
@Y3E
@marker2037
@Silas Loki

Box and shipping,

My fedex delivery driver dropped the package from a standing position so I grabbed all the other 3 boxes from his truck since he was too dumb to use a cart (which he had in his truck)
I checked the box for any damage but only has 1 corner damaged (courtesy of delivery man), statue was unharmed.
The statue itself is bigger than I thought, I really like the size of this statue my first 1/3 and from now on I will only get 1/3 scale.

Cape:
the fabric has a very nice silk like texture very nice bright colors, the stars however are poor because they fall off very easily.
An extra Wired cape would have been nice so we could play around with displaying it.

Face:
Took me a while to see what the issue is why she looks off, her forehead is protuding too much.
Some serious Redness in the middle of her forehead shaped like half a circle Idk what they were trying to do.
Looks what happens when you press something against your forehead and leave a reddish mark.

Eyes:
my came in cross eyed even from a distance it is noticable, from up close it is even worse, contacted SIdeshow and P1 about this...unacceptable!
the eyes on my piece are glossy they have that nice sparkle with just the littlest of light.

Eyelashes:
Very nice shading the makeup the eye lashes very well done, don't see any glue marks either.
Impressive how they did this, the upper Eyelashes are made of fabric, the lower part is painted on.

Teeth:
I mean they are so small it doesnt bother me that the front teeth have a red line between them.
I never seen a red line between teeth before, but like I said they are so small i dont look it at is that much.

Lips:
very nice glossy beautifull paint job on the lips very impressive! Corners of her mouth equally as perfect.
Very reminiscent of Lynda in 'Bobby joe and the outlaw' and her photoshoots for Maybelinne which I have (1 of my prized Carter photobooks)

Ears:
decent paintjob seems very basic on that area, probably a hard to reach area, but still very decent.

Hair:
hair is nicely done I like how you can seem many strands and some hair is curling outward.
Don't know what the hair is made of but some parts you can slightly move which is very cool, it came with a type of safety foame between her head and back you can wiggle slowly to remove.
1 small complaint is the right side sideburn it's like something I have, the one on the left is what Lynda carter has.

Skin:
reason why is because in the show she wore those greyish ''Stockings'' yes they were called stockings in her time (I am not old I am just obsessed with that era)

Boots:
very nice, love the texture done on it, love the almost bone white on the boots used alot in the 70's and the red has a very nice color and the paint on the folds of the booth very realistic.

Costume:
Very nice, love the gold eagle on it VERY similar to the actual thing, I own part of the Eagle wings worn by lynda carter I got from propstore.com and P1 did a great job.
In real life the wings have actual golf leaf on it so its very shiny, the gold used on the costume is more matte.

Lasso:
Her Lasso is also very nice again the texture they did one it is amazing, it is not polystone its almost rubbery so nice little addition by them.

Bracelets and Crown:
crown is nice but the bracelets are very matte effect, in the tv series it was VERY shiny.
HOWEVER it can be solved with some bright white lighting Love Love the red star and red jewel on it very shiny.

Base:
The logo she stands upon is very nice not a single thing I can complain about, just perfect.
I wish that black WW EAGLY would be painted, would have been MUCH better if it was painted.

I had high hopes for this one since I am a huge Carter fan I collect all of her stuff no matter the cost

No more 1/4 for me

-And lastly that I can use Lighting to make it look better, even though the statue should come as a 100% likeness to the prototype (JND for example does a perfect job with that)

I dont really see the cross eyes you mentioned even with my eyes uncrossed.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 07:45 PM   #524
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Me neither... it looks good to me...

Nice review
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 09:04 PM   #525
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
I have a video up on my YouTube channel if anyone is interested.
Quote:
@Y3E
@marker2037
@Silas Loki

Box and shipping,

Cape:

Face:

Eyes:

Eyelashes:

Teeth:

Lips:

Ears:

Hair:

Skin:

Boots:

Costume:

Lasso:

Bracelets and Crown:

Base:

No more 1/4 for me

Thanks for the reviews. I feel better about the statue. The face is still off and moreso than the proto, but still a good looking statue.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 01:11 AM   #526
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Skin:
You really think the skin is ok? To me that?s the worst part what ruined this statue, it?s not acceptable at 1/3 scale to just spray paint on this smooth layer without any detail or texture for skin. Just compare against the prototype picture tells you everything. If they did the skin correctly i bet this statue will look much better. Face detail looks fine, I don?t see any lazy eye in attached photo
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 06:12 AM   #527
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
You really think the skin is ok? To me that?s the worst part what ruined this statue, it?s not acceptable at 1/3 scale to just spray paint on this smooth layer without any detail or texture for skin. Just compare against the prototype picture tells you everything. If they did the skin correctly i bet this statue will look much better. Face detail looks fine, I don?t see any lazy eye in attached photo
Did you not see the close up pics Lugnuts posted?

Or did that just not rise to the level of texture you wanted to see?
None of his body shots are this close in, but I'm sure the rest of the exposed skin, seen close up, is consistent with how they did the face here.

Until I saw those, taken in natural light, I'd assumed they painted the skin one flat coat, too.
Maybe once I get it in hand I'll deem it not enough- but there does seem to be some attempt made at skin mottling (which needs to be a little restrained anyway, as it's a pretty, young woman-- not a grizzled character actor).
pdenham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 12:04 PM   #528
Billy Talent

Quote:
There is some shading and cant see on my pics but statue has freckless etc.
I can't see much of the skin effect on the other images posted here either

likeness is barely there for me when it comes to the portrait, a big downgrade from the proto.
Like I said it is decent but this statue should be around the 900 dollar mark.

The left eye idk it looks crooked\wonky somewhat but with lights it can be fixed, which like I SAID PREVIOUSLY is ridiculous because we paid alot of money for this.
like I said its a 7 for me overall, the 7 doesnt mean her portrait is a 7, plz read my review I said her face is off her forehead is protuding, she kinda have that angry frown which is not like Lynda carters face
Old 11-17-2022, 12:12 PM   #529
Billy Talent

Quote:
Took some close ups with flash on
it's still hard to tell looks better on my phone, will try tommorow in natural light since it's dark where I live
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20221117_170603.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	155699   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221117_170520.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	155700   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221117_170648.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	155701  
Old 11-17-2022, 12:19 PM   #530
Billy Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
here, its easy to see for me.
You can tell the left eye is off, same with the pics the other guy posted.
Probably the most important aspect they managed to F up, the 3rd image shows it best you can tell it points slightly at a different direction
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20221115_113728.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	155702   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221115_113716.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	155703   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221115_113649.jpg
Views:	96