Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 10-01-2006, 08:53 AM   #1
quantumgirl
Doh!

S. Sculpey vs FIMO

This is probably a really stupid question, but since it is my first post....

What's the difference between Super sculpey and FIMO? The reason I am asking is because FIMO is so much easier to get over here where I live, but most of you seem to be working with Sculpey. Is FIMO too hard to work with?

And before I have to start a new topic. Is there any difference between regular super sculpey and the Living Doll kind?

And one more:What's the advantage of mixing sculpey and sculpey III as some of you are doing?
quantumgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:36 PM   #2
Anarion
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumgirl View Post
This is probably a really stupid question, but since it is my first post....

What's the difference between Super sculpey and FIMO? The reason I am asking is because FIMO is so much easier to get over here where I live, but most of you seem to be working with Sculpey. Is FIMO too hard to work with?

And before I have to start a new topic. Is there any difference between regular super sculpey and the Living Doll kind?

And one more:What's the advantage of mixing sculpey and sculpey III as some of you are doing?

I got 2 anwsers for you, FIMO and S.Sculpey, both the same, only SS comes in larger packs, and it's from a different brand. U can mix them too.

And the SS and SSIII mixing, some say they do it to make the SS a bit more firm.. but I never tried it.. If you want some SS, PM me.. I can get it in Holland..

And by the way, it isn't a supid question at all
Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote