Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-21-2022, 01:20 AM   #1
Blade3327
Nightwing

HCG - 1/4 Jungle Hunter - Predator (WIP)

Concept sculpt pending licensor approval

Photo credit: Skewed 'n' Reviewed
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 04:25 AM   #2
Halcyon
New Republic

no comment.

Oh wait. . I just did. .

Nice try with pose.
But no.
Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:26 PM   #3
SDguy

Sorry, I didn't get any better pics, it was up pretty high. It does look weirdly stiff but maybe just because it's a WIP

SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:48 PM   #4
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

HCG is not known for great looking statues.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 09:40 AM   #5
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

20 years ago, this wouldve been amazing

Look those dreads! Holy moley!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 10:03 AM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
HCG is not known for great looking statues.
HCG is not known for great paint app's.
I liked their Species - Sil 1/4 statue. While the green areas looked decent enough, the portrait could use a re_paint.
I had my Sil portrait re_painted

Here is a post from 2020 on the re_paint..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Hollywood Collectibles Group - Species - Sil - Re_Painted..

HCG - Species - Sil ¼ scale - Re_painted

My Species - Sil arrived back today. I decided i wanted to have some areas
re_painted by someone with more experience than my self.

Re_painted areas include:
Hair - Blonde (less yellow than the original)
Skin - Slightly tanned (less pal than the original)
Eyes - Sil looks forwards (Sil originally looked downwards/lost expression/one eye slightly wonky)
Lips - Since the portrait was airbrush, the lips required re_painting. They look more natural.
Base - Between the SPECIES silver letter's were some messy silver paint marks. These have now been painted over.

Back in February 2019 I picked up the Hollywood Collectibles Group ¼ scale Sil from the movie Species.
It looked nice enough, but something about the paint app made the piece look lifeless, resulting in mannequin vibes.
While the portrait sculpt looked decent enough, the hair sculpt amounted to average at best, lacking in detail.

Against my better judgement, I decided to try and add some life to the lifeless piece, and failed miserably. In short,
I messed up the eyes, eyelids, and ended up with a piece that was un-displayable.

The next logical step was to find someone located in the UK who paints statues. One of the guys at Radd Titan
recommended someone, and Sil had her bodged paint app fixed along with some other improvements.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:05 PM   #7
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Sorry, I didn't get any better pics, it was up pretty high. It does look weirdly stiff but maybe just because it's a WIP

This looks horrible. They have access to screen used castings from the movie and still massed it up...
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:24 PM   #8
Blade3327
Nightwing

I have to imagine this is just a "sketch" to get the general idea of the statue across, but yeah, in terms of fidelity and accuracy it's 20 years behind. Needs a lot more refinement.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:00 AM   #9
alterton
Sculptor
Sculptor

What the hell? I see there is no love for my predator hunter here! Come on!!! The idea is great... good ol' hunter stalking arnold and his crew from the trees as his first appearence in the movie?... I almost peed on my pants a little with the "... it's 20 years behind..." comment. Good one Blade!!!! And no, I am not gonna do it again, I hate to do movie stuff spending million of hours looking at screen caps and footage to just sculpt 5 minutes, and go back to see millons of hours again to find out I made it wrong. LOLOL
alterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 12:54 PM   #10
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterton View Post
What the hell? I see there is no love for my predator hunter here! Come on!!! The idea is great... good ol' hunter stalking arnold and his crew from the trees as his first appearence in the movie?... I almost peed on my pants a little with the "... it's 20 years behind..." comment. Good one Blade!!!! And no, I am not gonna do it again, I hate to do movie stuff spending million of hours looking at screen caps and footage to just sculpt 5 minutes, and go back to see millons of hours again to find out I made it wrong. LOLOL
i'm a big fan of yours, but i think this piece is lacking some serious detail compared to other Predators sculpts of 2022. The proportions seems a little off and the specifically the dreads kinda look like a pack of hotdogs and the loin cloth looks like something that would be on a 1:9 DST Gallery statue.

I love the concept of him clinging to the tree, it's just think this one needs a little more work, respectfully. This is 100X better than what i could do, but compared to Prime 1's 1:3 Predator it's night and day.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote