Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-18-2021, 08:05 PM   #11
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

The likeness is too far off for me at that price. He looks almost animated. For 1/4, I think it's definitely too expensive. I'll wait and hope for a QS release.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 02:48 PM   #12
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'd love to purchase this one. Huge Cavil Superman Fan and this is definitely one of the best I've seen

But a $900 price tag is too high. $750 is probably the highest I'd go.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:26 PM   #13
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I'd love to purchase this one. Huge Cavil Superman Fan and this is definitely one of the best I've seen

But a $900 price tag is too high. $750 is probably the highest I'd go.
Factor in weta dollar rewards, I show $135 in rewards back for me, so that helps.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 11:04 AM   #14
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I don't think I've ever seen a 1/4 Superman held up by just his cape before. The likeness could be better, but I'm definitely in with this design. Hopefully the engineering is solid.

Anyone have experience with Weta engineering or leaning issues?
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 06:07 PM   #15
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Factor in weta dollar rewards, I show $135 in rewards back for me, so that helps.
Hm. The site says $44.95 in Weta Dollars for this one.

If this was Queen Studios doing this, I'd be far more comfortable and probably pull the trigger. They're the only company I trust to get a movie portrait right.

I think Weta nailed the pose and overall atmosphere and still tempted to get it but I may cautiously wait. From what I've seen Weta is on the same league as Sideshow. When you ask for $900 for a 1/4 scale, I'd expect higher caliber. (At least if I saw a prototype I'd feel better)
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:48 AM   #16
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Hm. The site says $44.95 in Weta Dollars for this one.

If this was Queen Studios doing this, I'd be far more comfortable and probably pull the trigger. They're the only company I trust to get a movie portrait right.

I think Weta nailed the pose and overall atmosphere and still tempted to get it but I may cautiously wait. From what I've seen Weta is on the same league as Sideshow. When you ask for $900 for a 1/4 scale, I'd expect higher caliber. (At least if I saw a prototype I'd feel better)
Yea, if this is a first time purchase then yes you get only 5%. I get 15% as I buy from them fairly often. The more you buy the higher % rewards you get back. They definitely are a step above SS in quality, maybe 2. The past couple of years they have really improved overall while SS has remained constant or worsened. I haven't ordered a SS made piece in probably 3 or 4 years.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:13 PM   #17
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yea, if this is a first time purchase then yes you get only 5%. I get 15% as I buy from them fairly often. The more you buy the higher % rewards you get back. They definitely are a step above SS in quality, maybe 2. The past couple of years they have really improved overall while SS has remained constant or worsened. I haven't ordered a SS made piece in probably 3 or 4 years.
Good to know, thanks for the info!
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:04 PM   #18
N7rebel
Frackin!

I'm interested in this piece, but I think I'll wait to see what the prototype looks like before doing anything about it. Does anyone else think it's strange that his hair looks different in each portrait? I kind of wish they'd make the hairstyles the same. I personally prefer the hairstyle on the light-up eyes one.
N7rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:18 AM   #19
Thor Odinson
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I PO'd this. Likeness isn't totally there, but the overall design is better than others. Also, as far as I know, this is the only 1/4th Cavil Superman that is available to purchase right now. I don't want anything bigger than that.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:12 PM   #20
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
I PO'd this. Likeness isn't totally there, but the overall design is better than others. Also, as far as I know, this is the only 1/4th Cavil Superman that is available to purchase right now. I don't want anything bigger than that.
You can get the old SSC Cavill Man of Steel version on eBay but the likeness (and overall statue) is definitely subpar IMO.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote