Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 07-24-2022, 12:14 AM   #121
fiveainone
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Thanks for that! But wouldn't this be the prototype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondUnlimited View Post
Don't believe I can attach videos in here but have posted a quick clip to youtube: https://youtu.be/O9lzI5BjRbk
fiveainone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 12:57 AM   #122
BeyondUnlimited
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveainone View Post
Thanks for that! But wouldn't this be the prototype?
I believe so, yes. Hopefully we get to see a production piece soon though.
BeyondUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 03:05 PM   #123
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

I noticed on Entertainment Earth's website that this Knightmare Batman statue is expected to ship in April 2023. I ordered my copy directly from WETA so I don't know if that applies to their orders as well.
Saulutations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:02 PM   #124
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Just got this email from Weta, looks like shipping soon in US. Shipping was $150
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230118-170112_Gmail.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	158170  
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 08:01 PM   #125
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

Thank you for the heads up, B_dub345. I just received the same email. After clicking on the link, the shipping cost came out to $226 for me. Don't know why the cost came out to an extra $76. I am also in the US and had paid mine off months ago so I know that there is no balance that I have to cover. I'm going to contact WETA's customer service to get some information on the shipping price difference.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:06 PM   #126
Mister H
Gen 13

Too bad it’s not listed as in stock. Pretty sure they have free shipping tomorrow.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:22 PM   #127
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

That would have been great, Mr. H. Hopefully they have free shipping in the future while there is stock of this statue for people who are interested in it.

Big Bad Toy Store has a flat shipping rate of $4 that they offer for this piece if people preorder from them. Seems like a great way to save some money.

WETA just got back to me and told me that's the cost for shipping because of where I live. I guess I can take solace that they will rectify any problems I have with the actual piece if something is wrong with it.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:14 AM   #128
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulutations View Post
Big Bad Toy Store has a flat shipping rate of $4 that they offer for this piece if people preorder from them. Seems like a great way to save some money.
But they charge $100 more for the statue, and most of us will have to pay another $100 or so in sales tax from BBTS.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:28 PM   #129
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

I wasn't aware that BBTS's website had a $100 difference in prices in other countries, nearmint. In the US; BBTS's website has the Knightmare Batman statue listed for $1,199.99 and WETA has it listed for $1,199.00. Only a dollar difference. I have no idea why they would charge $100 more elsewhere.

I got charged a hefty tax from purchasing from the WETA website on both the Knightmare Batman and the Superman statues. I've always been taxed on statue orders, be it from BBTS, Sideshow Collectibles, Iron Studios, or Entertainment Earth. There's really no way to avoid that.

It seems like the options of where to get this statue are limited. Entertainment Earth's website has the pre-order listed as sold out. If I were to do this over, I would have gone with BBTS to save on shipping. Hopefully Gamefly carries this statue because the prices they have for the other Justice League statues are incredible.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:49 PM   #130
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulutations View Post
I got charged a hefty tax from purchasing from the WETA website on both the Knightmare Batman and the Superman statues. I've always been taxed on statue orders, be it from BBTS, Sideshow Collectibles, Iron Studios, or Entertainment Earth. There's really no way to avoid that.
I've never been charged tax by a company outside of the U.S. Weta, Prime 1, and XM have always been tax free for me.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote