Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-13-2021, 01:21 PM   #161
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Reading the last two pages of this thread you'd think Tweeterhead didn't just release a piece that features a green eyed black man and a squirrel.
Thats because the goalpost will always be moved. Also they (the collector) normally do not put their money where their mouth is.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 04:21 PM   #162
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Thats because the goalpost will always be moved. Also they (the collector) normally do not put their money where their mouth is.
Well, in some ways I agree but it's still up to the companies to put out product that collectors respond to. With prices being what they are most people aren't settling for a piece they don't like just because it's a character they want.

But since you said "normally do not put their money where their mouth is" there must be examples you have in mind. I'm curious as to what those could be.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:03 PM   #163
SDguy

Quote:
Well, in some ways I agree but it's still up to the companies to put out product that collectors respond to. With prices being what they are most people aren't settling for a piece they don't like just because it's a character they want.

But since you said "normally do not put their money where their mouth is" there must be examples you have in mind. I'm curious as to what those could be.
What more examples do you need than TH not continuing the SP line and already rehashing popular characters (I'm not at all criticizing that fact, FWIW). The sales just weren't there. Cheetah and even Hal EX ES's were just sad IMO, and I am very hard pressed to find problems with those pieces

As for "settling'' I think collectors can be their own worst enemy sometimes. The tiniest detail on a piece can cause collector to "pass" on it. For niche characters... a smaller buyer pool that's also super particular = death sentence for statues of those characters. I'm not really sure how much blame I am willing to dump on the producer at that point.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:14 PM   #164
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Sadly even DC’s own DC Direct/Collectibles couldn’t keep up with the changes in the costs, various characters, quality, and shift towards larger and higher end statues.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:46 PM   #165
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
What more examples do you need than TH not continuing the SP line and already rehashing popular characters (I'm not at all criticizing that fact, FWIW). The sales just weren't there. Cheetah and even Hal EX ES's were just sad IMO, and I am very hard pressed to find problems with those pieces

As for "settling'' I think collectors can be their own worst enemy sometimes. The tiniest detail on a piece can cause collector to "pass" on it. For niche characters... a smaller buyer pool that's also super particular = death sentence for statues of those characters. I'm not really sure how much blame I am willing to dump on the producer at that point.
The niche factor is a problem but I still believe a great looking piece can overcome that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
Sadly even DC’s own DC Direct/Collectibles couldn’t keep up with the changes in the costs, various characters, quality, and shift towards larger and higher end statues.
Yeah that was sad but I think they'd still be around if it weren't for the big corporations buying and selling WB like it's a trading card.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:40 AM   #166
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
The niche factor is a problem but I still believe a great looking piece can overcome that.
When there is hype all over social media people will buy. No one wants to feel left out. There’s so many threads where people posted I’m not much of a fan of this character but bought a $500+ statue of them.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 02:22 PM   #167
MrYac
Hercules

i've been hearing a lot of buzz around this Detective Chimp character, i think it might be worth Tweeter taking a look at him now to corner the market for his inevitable blowup in popularity.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 02:17 PM   #168
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
I would've definitely passed on John Stewart if it was the Neal Adams one.
And I definitely would've bought it, instead of passing.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:43 PM   #169
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I just came in here to say - please don't be like Sideshow. Please keep making new characters and delving into the large and wonderful pool of characters that DC offers. Because if I see one more rehash of Catwoman, Harley and Ivy before there is a Zatanna, Star Sapphire, or Hawkgirl - I'm going to cry.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:18 PM   #170
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I fully agree with Demona

Obviously the cash cow characters are going to sell well but at some point people are only going to once so many duplicates of the cash cow characters. Especially whenever it’s a character that has been done to death such as bare midriff Huntress. At least with Batman we have seen various depictions of his costume.

Now I can see that may be tweet her head in launching the 2.0 wants to maybe focus on characters that they know are going to sell to draw the attention but I am kind of hoping that next year if their sales permit it that we do see a few B or even C level characters. And to be quite honest it’s going to be up to us as a collectors to support those characters with sales because if they end up not selling then we are just going to see a rehash of the cash cow characters
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote