Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-25-2021, 01:39 AM   #1961
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
May need to get your glasses checked. You can clearly see a space between the grey of the leg render and the net on the very photo you posted.
If you can’t see that the space between the edge of leg and Net is ALMOST NOTHING in the Render compared to the Actual, then you need to stay off the internet as you are delusional.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F4E3F084-C331-42CB-BDE8-0B724A3C7144.jpeg
Views:	345
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	141524   Click image for larger version

Name:	B49E4A89-F29F-4898-B3F7-A6BFD7E09742.jpeg
Views:	346
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	141525  
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:48 AM   #1962
Blade3327
Nightwing

Moving the goal posts, I see.

And you seem to have missed something else: ah, it was a valid point. You don't seem to like acknowledging those, but should the temptation arise:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
You can even see the butt and love handles were brought in, making the render slimmer than the suit in that particular photo.
Ta-ta!
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:01 AM   #1963
Enomis
Blue Falcon

"Please delete me"
Enomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:01 AM   #1964
Enomis
Blue Falcon

+1DXS here.
I'm waiting for the delivery of the 1/4 scale too. To be honest I really like the dynamic pose of the big game, even if I'm also sure that I need to repaint the two unmasked heads.
About the 1/3 scale, I "hope" it will more close to the prototype than the 1/4, spending 3500$ on statue and then adding extra bucks to repaint it is boring but... who knows!

Anyway, better take the risk now than remaining with empty hands because it was sold out, are you agree?...
(I'm wondering what does it mean "low stock remaining": 1, 10, 100? a precise counter will be appreciated).

So... let's wait two (and half?) years at least.
In the meanwhile, reading these almost un-useful writings-battles about accuracy is funny, and a nice way to spend the time with you
Enomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:17 AM   #1965
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

I couldn't be happier since I recently learned Prime1 changed the 'detailed' biomask to the accurate 'smooth' one for the regular version aswell...kudos to them for listening to the fans and constantly refining the sculpt to the ultimate Predator statue ever created.

I've ordered the regular version as I always intended to display the Predator with the open mandibles.The accurate biomask is a fantastic bonus in any case.

This '87 1/3 Predator is the best thing I've seen on my collection journey since 2001.Phenomenal job by Prime 1!
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:18 AM   #1966
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomis View Post
+1DXS here.
I'm waiting for the delivery of the 1/4 scale too. To be honest I really like the dynamic pose of the big game, even if I'm also sure that I need to repaint the two unmasked heads.
About the 1/3 scale, I "hope" it will more close to the prototype than the 1/4, spending 3500$ on statue and then adding extra bucks to repaint it is boring but... who knows!

Anyway, better take the risk now than remaining with empty hands because it was sold out, are you agree?...
(I'm wondering what does it mean "low stock remaining": 1, 10, 100? a precise counter will be appreciated).

So... let's wait two (and half?) years at least.
In the meanwhile, reading these almost un-useful writings-battles about accuracy is funny, and a nice way to spend the time with you
Congrats!

DXS number 27
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:26 AM   #1967
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
I couldn't be happier since I recently learned Prime1 changed the 'detailed' biomask to the accurate 'smooth' one for the regular version aswell...kudos to them for listening to the fans and constantly refining the sculpt to the ultimate Predator statue ever created.

I've ordered the regular version as I always intended to display the Predator with the open mandibles.The accurate biomask is a fantastic bonus in any case.

This '87 1/3 Predator is the best thing I've seen on my collection journey since 2001.Phenomenal job by Prime 1!

Couldn't of said it better. Shaping up to be the best statue of all time. Even blind Freddy can see this is going to be a masterpiece.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:19 AM   #1968
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
Great comparison.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:20 AM   #1969
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
The CM and Sideshow EX Maquette became obsolete as soon as this piece was revealed. But at least they had more than a decade at the top.

Your statue became obsolete even before you had it in hand The statue you bought Prime 1 used as a test run for this masterpiece

This piece is phenomenal. The proportions are fantastic. The attention to detail is second to none. The head, arms, legs, waist, pose, base...they’re all perfect. It’s the greatest movie statue ever made.

I and MANY others have our DXS on order, do you?

It is ironic that I made and posted that comparison image several weeks ago to highlight a few issues that we were all discussing in a civilised manner at the time. And it's now being used to show that this statue is perfect

Freakguy is clearly trolling and enjoying it at this point, It's probably time to stop responding to his bait. The thing is that he's not entirely incorrect about a couple of things, and it's fine to discuss those, it may even lead to further improvements. He's just exaggerating absolutely everything to a ludicrous degree which invalidates any legitimate points he might have had.

This isn't "Perfect" Nothing is really, but this thing is getting close, I really can see how we'll see anything much better than this going forward in terms of details. My main issue when I made that comparison was to highlight the heavily wrinkled texture (Which Prime actually acknowledged and are correcting) But also to compare the heft. Now Freakguy is exaggerating this, this statue isn't "Fat" But having ordered it myself, and liking it a lot, there is still something that's slightly off imo. We can make all the overlays we like, but just looking at the statue, it does look slightly portly. Again, not nearly to the degree he's making out, but it does a little to my eye. And the more I look at that picture above, the more I don't think it is necessarily his torso thickness. I think it might be the size of certain things like even his hands and the length of his cod piece etc. These being slightly small might be making the torso look bigger relative to them.

I don't know, I'm one of the picky Predator nuts on here, and even I'm not sure what it is. It could even just be that wrinkled texture throwing off the look. I think it looks amazing as it is, but if Prime 1 (Who actually have this in hand to fully compare it) Can improve the proportions a little, I won't complain. Either way, this is already by FAR the greatest Predator statue over all ever offered up for sale. I'm glad I got a full refund and didn't spend a huge chunk of money on the 1/4 version at this point.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:24 AM   #1970
FDS
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post

Yeah same here, I went for reg, love the open mouth.

What I wanna know is that 1/3 scale bust they releasing, would you be able to switch the heads on it? So take the closed off mouth head and place it with the bio mask on the bust and, you know be able to rotate the heads on the bust or statue. if so that be wicked.
FDS is online now   Reply With Quote