Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM   #1271
Halcyon
Loki

Question

general question about Paypal (2021)

If you buy expensive statues from well known sites like Prime (e.g. payments above $2k at once).
Does this still go smoothly with Paypal or do any of you experience more difficulties from Paypal itself (bounce/chargeback/linking problems/on hold or freezing of your PP account etc).

Ask this bcs read some review stories and i am new to PP / Thx alot.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 09:13 AM   #1272
deadrodian
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
general question about Paypal (2021)

If you buy expensive statues from well known sites like Prime (e.g. payments above $2k at once).
Does this still go smoothly with Paypal or do any of you experience more difficulties from Paypal itself (bounce/chargeback/linking problems/on hold or freezing of your PP account etc).

Ask this bcs read some review stories and i am new to PP / Thx alot.
I never had any problems, but remember to connect and verify your bank account asap
otherwise paypal loves to freeze your funds all the time
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 10:13 AM   #1273
Halcyon
Loki

Ok, thank you for reply. Atm I am preparing my bankaccount first. Then make the new PP account and link it.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:36 AM   #1274
EDI-889
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
I never had any problems, but remember to connect and verify your bank account asap
otherwise paypal loves to freeze your funds all the time
I'd also like to order something from Prime1 now that they have Economy Shipping to Europe and I'm quite new to paypal. Could I link a credit card instead of a bank account or would it give problems? I have also read horror stories about it (it's true that all of them were of people with huge amount of money not a single purchase /refund), so I'd like to understand well the "risk".
EDI-889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:58 AM   #1275
deadrodian
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDI-889 View Post
I'd also like to order something from Prime1 now that they have Economy Shipping to Europe and I'm quite new to paypal. Could I link a credit card instead of a bank account or would it give problems? I have also read horror stories about it (it's true that all of them were of people with huge amount of money not a single purchase /refund), so I'd like to understand well the "risk".
biggest risk is getting your money frozen, but for this to happen you have to have money driectly in your paypal balance, which is not necessary just to buy, it's usually more of a seller concern
so yeah you can just add your card and pay with it through paypal
Old 07-25-2021, 03:05 PM   #1276
Mooste
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDI-889 View Post
They only charge your credit card when the item is shipped and the NRD of course.

Since you use a cc there won't be a balance on PayPal.
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:41 PM   #1277
EDI-889
Frackin!

Thank you to both of you for your answers!
EDI-889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:00 AM   #1278
deadrodian
The Spirit

Can someone tell me what the ---- is prime 1 doing

They put 3-4 statues on PO every week and just keep on delaying production, gap between NL showcase 1 and 2 was 8 months, tbh now it seems like time gap between NL showcase 2 and 3 is going to be ~4 months

What the ----
Old 08-04-2021, 10:03 AM   #1279
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

They put 3-4 statues on PO every week and just keep on delaying production, gap between NL showcase 1 and 2 was 8 months, tbh now it seems like time gap between NL showcase 2 and 3 is going to be ~4 months

What the ----
Sometimes i get the impression Prime 1 like to shuffle things around to suit pieces that are selling better. They are known for taking ages to list pieces for pre_order long after they have been shown. I wish they would offer Grail again, and have it listed on the Sideshow website. Shame they pulled the plug on it.
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:23 AM   #1280
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:

What the ----
I don't expect the recent pieces I pre ordered to be out until late 2023 or even 2024 at this point given how old pre orders such as Harley (1000+ days since PO) and Mera (800+ days since PO) are still yet to come.

I get the excitement of shows and reveals, but I'd be fine if they didn't show anything new for about a year and just worked down on the massive backlog of statues in the pipeline.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote