Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-23-2021, 10:35 AM   #241
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I can agree with both what NorthernLad and SDGuy said about a clear plane base could look tacky and souvenir like, however I think that if Tweeterhead was doing it, the time would be taken to make sure that it looked perfect.

I do like Demona's suggestion of a Paradise Island looking base as well.

I am going to wait until we see the painted version and hope that the base does not overpower the character.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:37 AM   #242
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I just hope that this base is Ares painted in stone or marble instead of a full color Ares. I think it could look very cool this way. If done in full color, would definitely distract from WW herself.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 11:15 AM   #243
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm here all day for art direction ideas - David Igo - feel free to hit me up. I'm better working off a starting point though. My brother jokingly calls me DOW because I "make things better".
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:23 PM   #244
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I just hope that this base is Ares painted in stone or marble instead of a full color Ares. I think it could look very cool this way. If done in full color, would definitely distract from WW herself.
I can't imagine it not being. The other options: She's actually riding on top of Ares like a circus act, or it's a painted statue of him... so her base is a painted statue, of a painted statue.... that's too weird
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:07 PM   #245
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm here all day for art direction ideas - David Igo - feel free to hit me up. I'm better working off a starting point though. My brother jokingly calls me DOW because I "make things better".
Sounds like you're a Refiner team member, vice Creator, Advancer, or Executor. Me too, so please don't ever make me come up with the initial ideas lol. One of the few personality distinctions I've found helpful in leadership training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I can't imagine it not being. The other options: She's actually riding on top of Ares like a circus act, or it's a painted statue of him... so her base is a painted statue, of a painted statue.... that's too weird
Yeah, I'd be surprised if Ares is painted. Not worth the effort when it'll just distract.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:49 AM   #246
pdenham
Teen Titans

Ares won't be painted (other than to look like stone/marble, etc) as it's clearly supposed to represent distressed statuary.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 05:59 AM   #247
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Still no update on this. Pity.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 06:28 AM   #248
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Still no update on this. Pity.
They did update stating the shipping and production issues beyond their control and all meant pushed back. We should hear an update next year in DC line.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:21 AM   #249
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

The thing is we all know there is shipping issues. But they can still show the painted version. Been waiting so long, I end up ordering a custom piece. Now I'm done with Wonder Woman. Don't have space. Because of that, probably will not order the trinity because different size. Was waiting for the black suit Superman. Oh well
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 05:39 AM   #250
Taylor88
Fantastic Four

Someone needs to tell them that in the end of this year a lot of collectors will need to spend all of their SS rewards that was saved for years.
So putting WW and Flash on PO before the end of the year will be the smartest thing to do
Taylor88 is offline   Reply With Quote