Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-09-2021, 10:22 AM   #1
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Loki (Disney+ Series). ** No Spoilers **

Just finished the first episode. Really enjoyed it! Very good to see Tom Hiddleston back in the role of Loki.

For some reason I thought this was coming out Friday the 11th but noticed it this morning.

A couple more episodes will tell, but might be my favorite Disney+ Marvel series.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:01 PM   #2
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

I don't recall why the release date for the premiere was changed, but it was noted online that Wednesday was also named after Odin.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:57 PM   #3
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I don't recall why the release date for the premiere was changed, but it was noted online that Wednesday was also named after Odin.
And Thursday is Thor's Day. What better day to have the premier on so Loki can cast a shadow on his brother's day.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 02:41 AM   #4
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I just want it noted that I have fought against....

Spoiler
...Steve going to an alternate timeline since Endgame and HAHAHA He was always meant to go back in time and it is in the main time line! Steve was Peggy's husband all along!

Sorry I had to get that out.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:53 AM   #5
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Loved this ep more than WandaVison and Falcon & Winter Soldier combined (and I thought those series were just fine).

So impressive how Marvel continually up the ante, especially now dealing with timelines and multiverses (which I almost always have complaints with as they're typically illogical or conveniently full of plot holes), and even moreso for keeping the MCU cohesive. Whoever the LoreMaster of the MCU is, he's doing a phenomenal job. One of the most monumental feats in fiction.

I've never been a Loki fan, nor really cared about him too much in the MCU, but I'm finally appreciating how great Hiddleston is in the role.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:28 AM   #6
protector2814
Phoenix

Absolutely loved this 1st episode.

Time to sell my Fantastic Four #353. Strike while the iron's hot.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 09:18 AM   #7
TheBishop
Justice League

THIS FIRST EPISODE GAVE ME THE SAME EXCITED FEELINGS I HAD WHEN I WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE OF THE MANDALORIAN! YOU CAN TELL THIS SERIOUSLY IS GONNA BE BAD ASS! AND I LOVE THE UNDERSTATED HUMOR FROM LOKI! FKIN FANTASTIC!
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:04 AM   #8
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

I loved the first episode. Some spoilers below:

Spoiler
Considering how much powerful the AVT is and the fact that "villain Loki" is killing their minute-man, my guess is that the AVT is going to be destroyed until the end of the series, with Loki having a big part in it. It´s really difficult to have a Deus ex-machina like organization working in the MCU, especially considering we will have Kang as a villain soon.

I also feel that Mobius is manipulating Loki and let him get away and watch his life events so he would work with him. I think there is more to him than we saw and it looks like he dislikes a lot of things about the AVT. I think he is planning to overthrow them.

I´m also suspicious if the person killing the minute-man is indeed Loki or if it´s a plan by Mobius. Or if it´s Loki being manipulated by Mobius.

With just 1 episode in, it´s probably my favourite Marvel show so far. I´m really excited to see where they will go with the story.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:14 PM   #9
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Guess I need to re-watch it as I didn't think it was as great as every one else here. I did watch it late so maybe wasn't into it as much as I should have been.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:37 PM   #10
TheBishop
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
Guess I need to re-watch it as I didn't think it was as great as every one else here. I did watch it late so maybe wasn't into it as much as I should have been.
Oh man yea perhaps you might have been tired so you might have missed the nuances that made it funny ...
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote