Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #161
Babytoxie
Ghost

Hey PureInvasion, if you want an inexpensive way to start with Dredd, add to that list The Best of Judge Dredd. I found it yesterday in the bargain books section of the local Barnes & Noble for $10.98, and it's almost half the price online. At 288 pages, it's a decent amount of material. I sense that "the best" is an exaggeration, but still...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=9781435151277
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:18 AM   #162
SONICobra
Batman

just finished vol 1-3 or bendis' run on daredevil, really great read. been on a bit of a daredevil kick lately before that I read millers born again (awesome) and smiths guardian devil (I really liked that as well, I found a personal message in that story)

just started the miller omnibus and brubakers vol 1-3 just arrived in the mail...
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:20 AM   #163
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Punisher #7 & 8 (latest volume) is a great little mini-read co-written by the US Special Forces reporter Kevin Maurer
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #164
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

repost...works here as well...

I just finished Superior Spiderman graphic novels all the way to Volume 6...I was never a Spiderman comic fan because I couldn't stand the way Parker did things. The writing so predictable, silly and cliché... I read a few reviews on the Superior Spiderman and found something different... knew I had to give it a read..ended up getting all the graphic novel volumes from Amazon... Was awesome. Otto was the Spiderman I aways wanted parker to be. My only concern is the ending and where it left off. If this is it for Otto in Parkers body, Im done. Was a hell of a run though.

If you liked that, another series to consider is the Fantastic Four & FF run in graphic novel format volumes by Jonathan Hickman..I was never really a Fantastic four guy until I read the review on his particular run and saw it posed something different to my taste. Another Awesome read. All volumes can be found on Amazon...I cant speak for any other run but Jonathan Hickmans.

Also Jonathan Hickman did a run on Ultimates Comics Ultimates graphic novel volume 1 and 2...Another awesome read that involves the Ultimate Universe Reed Richards.
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #165
PureInvasion

More people need to pick up Manifest Destiny (Image). Solid title from the start. A fun Lewis and Clark "what if?" title
Old 09-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #166
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post

just started the miller omnibus and brubakers vol 1-3 just arrived in the mail...
Who do you think had the better Daredevil run? Bendis or Brubaker? Trying to decide which volumes 1-3 to pick up first (leaning towards Bendis since I usually like his work more)
Old 09-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #167
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Who do you think had the better Daredevil run? Bendis or Brubaker? Trying to decide which volumes 1-3 to pick up first (leaning towards Bendis since I usually like his work more)
I haven't read it, but my money is on Bendis..
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #168
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

i stood in a long line at a con recently and read the Afterlife with Archie tpb. what a great read and great art. i had read the first issue, but, the issues get better and better. id peep that if you haven't yet.

also, always a top recommendation for the greatest superhero comic book on the market, Invincible. now is the time if you haven't already. quit punishing yourself.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #169
protector2814
Phoenix

Scored this one recently for a song. Kinda fun & plan on leaving it out on a coffee table for the holidays along w/ my DC & Marvel Christmas treasury editions. -

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:48 AM   #170
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Reading Paul Pope's Battling boy. it's quite a fun read so far. give it a try !
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote