Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-08-2021, 04:03 PM   #271
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Was the collecting community crying out for this one?
I don't even know what this is, other than apparently another Metal thing. Really hope this isn't another enormous motorcycle piece.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:04 PM   #272
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Beats me, maybe because of the P1 and SS BMWL success they think these will sell like hot cakes. Honestly feels like WB is jamming them down our throats. I'm a batman collector and I won't be buying any of them.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:22 PM   #273
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Beats me, maybe because of the P1 and SS BMWL success they think these will sell like hot cakes. Honestly feels like WB is jamming them down our throats. I'm a batman collector and I won't be buying any of them.
These are a lot of bets to make based on one briefly popular character. Pretty good chance some of these and the Prime 1's never see the light of day.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:29 PM   #274
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I don't see how anyone can complain about the 1/6 line not getting love. XM has over 20 Rebirth statues either shipped, about to be shipped or available for PO. That's like 8 years of Kotobukiya Fine Arts statues. C'mon!
Why having almost 40 new 1/4 statues announced is OK while wanting more 1/6 is not? And what Kotobukiya has to do with it? Koto is a different company with different priorities. They focus on PVC way more than on polystone. Hence the number of 1/6 FineArt they produce.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:36 PM   #275
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't think the collecting community is crying out for quite a few of their recent character announcements.

Anything Metal related besides Batman Who Laughs is a gamble, IMO.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:45 PM   #276
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't get printed prototypes for all these announcements at a show very soon. Doesn't make any sense to tease something if it's 3-4 years out.
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:46 PM   #277
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
Why having almost 40 new 1/4 statues announced is OK while wanting more 1/6 is not? And what Kotobukiya has to do with it? Koto is a different company with different priorities. They focus on PVC way more than on polystone. Hence the number of 1/6 FineArt they produce.
You guys have been acting like the line was abandoned, and it isn't. You've gotten alot more out of the Rebirth line than many other collectors get from other lines in such a short amount of time. They give you a reveal letting you know the line is still going but because XM does 40 other reveals I hear panic. Maybe they're waiting for the other Rebirth PO's to ship before revealing more. There's like 4 or 5 still out there aren't they?
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:33 PM   #278
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Besides the Batman Who Laughs, I predict very few of these Metal characters selling. A big waste of time and resources for XM IMO. I have exactly 0 of the XM reveals on my wish list.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:44 PM   #279
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
You guys have been acting like the line was abandoned, and it isn't. You've gotten alot more out of the Rebirth line than many other collectors get from other lines in such a short amount of time. They give you a reveal letting you know the line is still going but because XM does 40 other reveals I hear panic. Maybe they're waiting for the other Rebirth PO's to ship before revealing more. There's like 4 or 5 still out there aren't they?
1) Having 1 reveal in 6 months hardly signals that the line is alive. Or would you care to elaborate how exactly it is? Add here the fact that XM has taken Doomsday and Supergirl from 1/6 to move them to 1/4. Ppl are somewhat irritated and rightfully so.

2) Next point: “You've gotten alot more out of the Rebirth line than many other collectors get from other lines in such a short amount of time.”
So again is used the argument: 35 announced 1/4 is normal, but wanting more 1/6 - is not.
I am one of the customers who supported XM 1/6 line investing into it. And should not care about other companies cause my attention and money (as a result) went to XM.
Eventually they got rights for 1/4 DC line - congratulations. Good for them.
Previously XM managed to combine releasing 1/4 and 1/6 statues giving each group of its’ customers something. Based on visible indications it is no longer the case.
Reacting to this is my right.

3) “They give you a reveal letting you know the line is still going but because XM does 40 other reveals I hear panic.”
Who is panicing? My money went the direction of that EX Joker that was sold out in like 24 hours. Competition is there. Then again - regardless of what they say there is what they do.

Another thing - as was mentioned right in this thread judging by the number of reveals XM is very likely announcing plans for coming years not months.
Due to there is only so much the factory can produce at any given time - each 1/4 statue delays production of another 1/4 or 1/6 statue. Therefore chances are high that what ever XM will introduce in 1/6 will be down the line - like 1-2 years from now.

My prepaid Catwoman was not in shipping schedule till and including August 2021. And it was revealed back in summer 2019 with PO sometime spring 2020.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:01 PM   #280
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So what’s the over/under on the amount of “reveals” here shipping after 2025, or just flat out never being made.

This was not a good idea.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote