Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 12-26-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
Drengi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Kit "sectioning" phase

Hi guys, first of all big gratz for all the knowledge you guys share with the modeling/painting/sculpting/etc community.

I'm an scene enthusiast from Portugal, this ain't my first post but its been a long time since I did something in the field. So far and regarding sculpting I have made a Hellboy bust that may be lost in the forum posts (ill post a pic of it later).

I'm also a big fan of World of Warcraft and I've been planning on making a kit out of a WOW toon. This means that I've been searching the web for examples/sources/whatever to aid me in my "quest".

And since I want to make a Kit out of it I've seen some Tutorials regarding the creation of such specimens.
And my question is related to the following, I'm having a hard time understanding how you guys divide the statue in pieces for later production.
I mean, do you guys cook the piece after or before the cutting (i think i''ve read about the 2 ways).
Do you cut the armature ? and if so how do you avoid not to damage the piece?
Once you cut the pieces how do you do the fitting between them? If it is with epoxy and the primal matter it Super Scupley, can the epoxy be suppoert high temperatures?

I've seeen to great tutorials that in fact brought this doubts to me, one of them is :http://www.goregoregore.com/aves.php?donde=0

and the other is:
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85578

Both of them use diferent techniques...

In advance a big "thank you" for reading this post so far.

See you guys around

PS:I wil use mainly Super Sculpey since its the primal matter avaiable to me. I'm thinking in gettin maybe some aves and the grey super sculpey to try out new things.
Drengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:53 AM   #2
thx3188
Doh!

Being new to this whole sculpting thing as well (well, full sculpting, anyways) I had the same question since I wanted to cast my sculpt in resin for stability and longevity reasons and am at a point where I should probably find out how to do this.
thx3188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:53 AM   #3
Drengi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Well the to links ive posted are nice, being the first one one of the most detailed i've seen. The second one is also nice but for the sculpting part and dont have much reference on the "dividing" process.
Drengi is offline   Reply With Quote