Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-10-2020, 11:35 AM   #31
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
Where are these teasers being posted? First Apocalypse and now Rogue.
XM FB group.

So far, Beast, new Cable, Apocalypse and Rogue 3D render has been teased this year.

Psylocke, Archangel and Mr Sinister will quite highly be next to be revealed! (since they've confirmed that these characters are currently being made/crafted)
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:41 AM   #32
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
XM FB group.

So far, Beast, new Cable, Apocalypse and Rogue 3D render has been teased this year.

Psylocke, Archangel and Mr Sinister will quite highly be next to be revealed! (since they've confirmed that these characters are currently being made/crafted)
Thanks. I may need to create an FB profile.

I'd love to see Mr. Sinister.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:53 AM   #33
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Savage land is too niche. Sounds like something a company like Iron Kite would try. XM probably has learned from their white magneto. Expect the Jim Lee costume. Hope for whatever else.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:17 PM   #34
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I have no doubt that you should prepare your wallet. There is little chance XM would miss the opportunity to pair her with Gambit.
I'd agree and I understand the people who have been collecting a long time want different versions of these characters (or some just like the other versions better).

For me though, who only owns a half dozen statues in total and want to finish off a line, a savage land rogue does absolutely nothing for me.

My wallet is prepared for the steep downturn lol. With rogue, beast and apocalypse all confirmed, these are all must buy for me (assuming it matches my current collection and are the 90s style Jim Lee variants).

And if not I'll sit back, keep quiet and let others enjoy their new shinies they just won't be for me.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:30 PM   #35
ukshaun
Hercules

Good luck to XM. I cannot see them topping this portrait. But you never know.
Will XM make Rogue fly also?
I guess it is safe to assume the XM Rogue will be fully sculpted.

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #36
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Yeah the Sideshow one is super nice, though I think the hair on the EX is much better and I sadly missed out on the EX. I think they did a great job though, it's a high bar for sure but they do have the advantage of seeing Sideshow's first and have a chance to know what they are up against.

We'll see... I'm very hopeful and if not, I'll bite the bullet and buy the non-EX SS Rogue, as I'll definitely need to have one in my collection It still looks great, don't get me wrong, just not the iconic hair I'm used to seeing.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #37
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Yeah the Sideshow one is super nice, though I think the hair on the EX is much better and I sadly missed out on the EX. I think they did a great job though, it's a high bar for sure but they do have the advantage of seeing Sideshow's first and have a chance to know what they are up against.

We'll see... I'm very hopeful and if not, I'll bite the bullet and buy the non-EX SS Rogue, as I'll definitely need to have one in my collection It still looks great, don't get me wrong, just not the iconic hair I'm used to seeing.
Like a game of cards

Then again, if you look back, Sideshow's Captain Marvel appeared to feature a mirrored pose, all be it with improvement's here and there, of XM's Ms Marvel. Were Sideshow inspired by XM?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:11 PM   #38
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

The SSC one has a cool flying pose, but I don't collect mixed media. Plus they copied the face of a little known actress who was in Babylon 5. I hope XM doesn't try to top the pose. I'm ok with not worrying about leaning issues.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:51 PM   #39
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Savage land is too niche. Sounds like something a company like Iron Kite would try. XM probably has learned from their white magneto. Expect the Jim Lee costume. Hope for whatever else.
"Too niche"? Maybe, but last time I check T&A sell like hot cakes and anybody who actually read those comics knows that was a fun couple of issues!

Trust me, if Savage Land Rogue is made in 1:4 scale by either company - it will be profitable because it's the only one out there.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:55 PM   #40
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

It's not savage land, it would make no sense to them do a rogue and not be a companion piece to there just released Gambit.

I don't know if there really is such a high demand, but if there is it won't be until after the current line up.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote