Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-10-2020, 01:58 PM   #41
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Disney is not going to approve bikini Rogue. I wouldn't be surprised if that storyline disappears from digital comics. XM Rogue and Psylocke have already been delayed long enough due to the puritans.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 02:02 PM   #42
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
It's not savage land, it would make no sense to them do a rogue and not be a companion piece to there just released Gambit.

I don't know if there really is such a high demand, but if there is it won't be until after the current line up.
My thoughts too.

And as someone who just bought gambit, I'm really looking forward to my rogue companion piece
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:02 PM   #43
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
"Too niche"? Maybe, but last time I check T&A sell like hot cakes and anybody who actually read those comics knows that was a fun couple of issues!

Trust me, if Savage Land Rogue is made in 1:4 scale by either company - it will be profitable because it's the only one out there.
The amount of fans that read that comic or even are aware of the savage land style Rogue probably do not outweigh the amount that know Rogue in her 90s costume. That’s why it’s niche.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:22 PM   #44
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Disney is not going to approve bikini Rogue. I wouldn't be surprised if that storyline disappears from digital comics. XM Rogue and Psylocke have already been delayed long enough due to the puritans.
Disney is not going to censor the comics. If they did, they would have to eradicate the character of Emma Frost. And last I checked a Psylocke and a bootie shorts+bustier Emma was approved by Marvel for Sideshow.

Also, they would have to remove Slave Leia and allll the merch they still make/approve with her in her metal bikini.

So, it will be OK. This will be the same Rogue costume every company always makes because heaven forbid their be any diversity in statue collecting.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:30 PM   #45
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:

So calm it on down, it will be OK. This will be the same Rogue costume every company always makes because heaven forbid their be any diversity in statue collecting.
I don't think it has anything to do with that (and everything to do with them matching their brand new line of cyclops, Colossus, gambit, etc). Why would they go completely off the rails, on their very first rogue, when everyone is wanting to pair it with their new pieces? The pitchforks would be out in full force lol
Old 09-10-2020, 03:31 PM   #46
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Disney is not going to censor the comics. If they did, they would have to eradicate the character of Emma Frost. And last I checked a Psylocke and a bootie shorts+bustier Emma was approved by Marvel for Sideshow.

Also, they would have to remove Slave Leia and allll the merch they still make/approve with her in her metal bikini.

So calm it on down, it will be OK. This will be the same Rogue costume every company always makes because heaven forbid their be any diversity in statue collecting.
I was informed they kept denying the T&A on XM Rogue and Psylocke. They're going back and removing cigars from Wolverine and Gambit in comics lol. Plus Disney is pushing to go all digital with their upcoming properties. More edited movies for nudity and language.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:50 PM   #47
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Smoking advertisements have been banned in this country for decades now. No way can you have comic characters smoking in current issues that are intended for youth.

Overall, I feel people are really too afraid of potential censorship coming from Disney owned properties. Just because they don't want to show characters smoking doesn't automatically translate to a declawed Wolverine. Disney owns a fair amount of properties that push the edge with their content, both TV and film. They are in the business to make money, not all of their content is going to be kid friendly. FX and FXX sure as hell are not. Ever watch Handmaids Tale? That is certain not kid friendly or painting a rosey picture.

Sorry for the derail
Old 09-10-2020, 03:54 PM   #48
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Also, again, I'm sure it will be the Jim Lee Rogue. I was just hoping for change. Much like Storm's suit not being white. I didn't get that wish either

AND FTR if this Rogue is great, I will buy her. I intentionally didn't buy Sideshow's version because I did not like the face. I don't like my characters to look like real people and all I can see is Angelina Jolie. That statue is stunning and really cool, but I can't with the face....

XM has my attention. Let's see what happens.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:02 PM   #49
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:

So, it will be OK. This will be the same Rogue costume every company always makes because heaven forbid their be any diversity in statue collecting.
I don’t think it’s realistic to expect XMs first Rogue to be the savage land rogue. That’s not to to say they won’t do it later on down the road at some point. Just look at the White Magneto. But I think that was after their did the magneto on throne where he at least looked more traditional. But to expect a savage land rogue before something more recognizable probably isn’t in the the deck of cards.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:02 PM   #50
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Also, again, I'm sure it will be the Jim Lee Rogue. I was just hoping for change. Much like Storm's suit not being white. I didn't get that wish either

AND FTR if this Rogue is great, I will buy her. I intentionally didn't buy Sideshow's version because I did not like the face. I don't like my characters to look like real people and all I can see is Angelina Jolie. That statue is stunning and really cool, but I can't with the face....

XM has my attention. Let's see what happens.
Well.... @*&$ now that's all I can see hahaha!

I don't know how I never noticed that before. I really only skipped that rogue because I'm fairly new to collecting and missed the EX and i just have a hard time picturing rogue with straight hair. I'm also not sure if I like mixed media. Don't have any, haven't heard great things.

I'm really excited to see the full reveal. Then we'll see if XM takes more of my money or not (if you are a gambler, I'd bet yes lol).