Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-10-2022, 12:23 PM   #131
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morty76 View Post
To me the unmasked portrait looks a little bit like actor Clive Owen.
Whoever it looks like, it ain't pattinson
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 01:20 PM   #132
nearmint
Phoenix

Yeah, the unmasked portrait isn't working for me in those pics.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 01:31 PM   #133
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStark View Post
Why is this better than P1?
......it's impossible to answer that question in any meaningful way. I think it is better, if you agree - great, if you disagree - also great. I'm spending my money on what I like, not what the crowd says is "best".

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Whoever it looks like, it ain't pattinson
I admit, I did a double take on those photos....but, in this case, I'm 100% sure it's lens distortion - because the other photos of the production piece were on point.

I'm not falling for that typical poor photography B.S. that plagues these forums and Facebook - too many idiots with cameras who don't know how to use them, and who fancy themselves as photo-journalists end up causing too much stress for nothing. Been down that road too many times, and have learnt the lessons.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 02:08 PM   #134
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Yea.. people are just really lousy at taking pictures.

I want a Pattinson Batman. Was considering this but am really leaning towards the JND.
I'm just indecisive, because I don't want to spend the $.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 02:10 PM   #135
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The unmasked headsculpt looks a little older and more masculine than Pattinson. It is quite close but not there yet. A couple more tweaks are needed.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 04:29 PM   #136
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
Yea.. people are just really lousy at taking pictures.

I want a Pattinson Batman. Was considering this but am really leaning towards the JND.
I'm just indecisive, because I don't want to spend the $.
The JND is just so much money, they should have offered an option to buy just the masked portrait. I will have to wait for all 3 to come out and make my decision. Right now, I'm leaning towards Prime with all things considered.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 05:29 PM   #137
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Likenesses of some people seem so elusive to nail, as if the sculptors are sculpting with the wrong set of assumptions.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 06:30 PM   #138
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
The JND is just so much money, they should have offered an option to buy just the masked portrait. I will have to wait for all 3 to come out and make my decision. Right now, I'm leaning towards Prime with all things considered.
If you ask me - (and you didn't) - making this about money is a huge mistake.

If, in your, heart of hearts, you see the JND version as the "best" version in your opinion, but you skimp and buy the next best thing - you'd have spent your hard earned on a compromise you'll struggle to live with. You'll know the better version is out there, and you'll never be satisfied with what you have - knowing it's inferior.

From that stand point, you're better off buying nothing. Sure, it doesn't get the JND in your collection, but at least you're not wasting cash on a compromise.
Old 12-10-2022, 06:40 PM   #139
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Likenesses of some people seem so elusive to nail, as if the sculptors are sculpting with the wrong set of assumptions.
I agree. The problem is compounded by the fact that the viewer's also see their own visual interpretation of a likeness.

This is why I think this whole endeavour to capture movie accurate likenesses will eventually fade out....and, I think that will be a good thing.

What I can imagine happening, is a full scale upswing in "Comic" derived statues so we'll still see "Hyper real" portraits, but, for example - rather than being based on Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, it'll be based on Wonder Woman from the comics. And hey, if you see Gal Gadot - great, if not - well, it was never meant to be her - so there..
Old 12-10-2022, 09:35 PM   #140
Irenicus
The Spirit

The hair on the unmasked portrait looks like a hig, that is throwing out the likeness for me. The masked portrait is really great.

I went with JND because they really captured the atmosphere of the character for me. The expression of pain and sadness on the unmasked portrait and the angriness on the masked portrait were spot on.

The P1 is a good option too, but the unmasked portrait is very statue-y and the production piece will probably not match the prototype. If you only want the masked version, it is a good choice.

Queen nailed the masked portrait, but the base and the cape are odd choices. The pose is good, but I think both P1 and JND went with poses more aligned with the character personality.

The good is that we have 3 overall good options.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote